PDA

View Full Version : Don't call it a Chevy?

Ms Grumpy
06-11-2010, 07:18 AM
You know that in my life I remember "catch phrases" and "nicknames" because they were/are catchy. So now Chevrolet wants people to stop using "Chevy". Are they nuts?

How many of us say we have a Chevrolet Chevelle, or do we say we have a Chevy Chevelle. Ok, ok, maybe I am wrong assuming how people talk about their cars. But I hear Chevy, more than I hear Chevrolet, when people talk about their cars.

When I first heard that Chevrolet wanted people to stop using Chevy, I know it is supposed to be the employees or people selling their products, I was surprised. It brought me back to being a student and having a teacher correct me. Just like in those school days, I will do how I want. And I will continue to call mine a Chevy.

What do you guys think?

grandsport
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I saw this coming. That's why I named my dog Malibu.:p

Rank
06-11-2010, 09:12 AM
If you really want to piss a snobbish corvette owner off then tell him he has a really nice Chevy! LOL

Personally I think the Execs at GM should concentrate on more important things.

RBeckman
06-11-2010, 10:05 AM
I heard that Chevy Chase has put in a application to change his legal name to "Chevrolet Chase"

Derek69SS
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Just when we thought GM couldn't get any more out-of-touch with their consumers...

Ms Grumpy
06-11-2010, 11:31 AM

I totally agree.

grumpy
06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
What a goofy bunch of sob's

Derek69SS
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Much like our government, I actually prefer that they be distracted by unimportant nothingness... keeps them too busy to F up things that matter. ;)

Hank70SS
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
They already backed off that. They kind of mumbled about how they didn't mean it that way, that's not what said, etc.

flash
06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Chevy or Chevrolet dont much mean anything to me anymore now that it is in bed with the government. If I were buying new(Im not) it would be Ford.

Highway Star
06-13-2010, 09:31 PM
I never call my car a Chevrolet Chevelle or Chevy Chevelle. It is a Chevy muscle car though, and a bad ass Chevy.

Never underestimate a large group of yes men. They will come up with some doozies. These are some of the same nimrods that pulled the plug on "Chevy" factory racing back in the mid 60s as well. Go figure.