PDA

View Full Version : Ever found one of these?

andy
06-04-2010, 12:39 AM
I found this way down below the rear window in the bottom of the quarter panel. It's looks like a paint stir stick. I googled the info off the stick and found the company. United Automotive Tech Center. They still have the same address that they had in 1968. Is it possible this has been sitting in there since the car was built?
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/Andyp3/ChevelleRestoreRearandroof049.jpg

shadowgray396
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I bet it has been there since day one. Some worker may have stuck it in there just for fun.

Rank
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I just found a pound of bondo and a bunch of broken glass in that area of mine! LOL

RBeckman
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
When I first got my car 10 or so years ago I pulled the rear seat out and found a bag of pot and some roaches in the rear seat ash tray, I talk to the guy I got the car from had the car for 15 years before me and never had the seat our or looked in the ashtrays...the bag did not have any smell to it all.

Aw the good old 60 and 7o's I wonder if it the good ole panama red of the day.

Ms Grumpy
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh the treasures we find in the most unusual places.

ishie
01-20-2012, 03:01 AM
I found this way down below the rear window in the bottom of the quarter panel (http://www.jcwhitney.com/quarter-panel/c1037j1s17.jcwx). It's looks like a paint stir stick. I googled the info off the stick and found the company. United Automotive Tech Center. They still have the same address that they had in 1968. Is it possible this has been sitting in there since the car was built?
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/Andyp3/ChevelleRestoreRearandroof049.jpg
shadow is right i thought it has been there since day 1. but wait can you tell me where is the location of quarter panel?

Ms Grumpy
01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
I just found a pound of bondo and a bunch of broken glass in that area of mine! LOL

I love going back and reading some of the older threads. I think most of us have been there. Not saying it is a good thing, but thanks for making me smile so early this morning.

grandsport
01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=RBeckman;11226]When I first got my car 10 or so years ago I pulled the rear seat out and found a bag of pot and some roaches in the rear seat ash tray, I talk to the guy I got the car from had the car for 15 years before me and never had the seat our or looked in the ashtrays...the bag did not have any smell to it all.

Aw the good old 60 and 7o's I wonder if it the good ole panama red of the day.[/QUOTE

That had to be some good chit after aging that long.:ntwrthy:

flash
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
When I was younger and dumber and partied a lot there was a cop friend and drinking buddy of my dads that would crash the local parties in uniform and on duty .He was pretty cool for a small town cop ,he would ask us who had the pot. Of course everyone answered we didnt have any and he would tell me to go look under his back seat and I would probably find a bag.He said if he had to take someone in for hellraisin they would stash their pot under the back seat to keep from getting charged with carrying it into the jail .He said he always had pot to give to us at the parties as he just drank and didnt smoke it .He would only arrest the ones that were being destructive or raising hell in town .If you were out in the country areas and not bothering anyone he would drink a few of your beers and leave you be .Pretty good to us ,all he asked was that we sleep it off before we hit the road .He was passed out at our house many times as he and my dad liked to drink moonshine .I still have his little billystick which is just a short lenth of leather with a ball of lead sewed into the end of it which I took from his patrol car when I had to move it out from behind my Trans Am which he had blosked in. I told him after he retired that I took it from his car and he said he never missed it and told me to keep it. This when I was all of 17 years old.

flash
01-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Boy I did some crazy chit back in the day and I was one of the non wild guys .My group just liked to find a good out of the way place to hang out and party and have a good time .We never got into fights or anything ,just built us a good camp fire and partied til we crashed .

Garyb
04-19-2012, 02:17 PM
When I first got my car 10 or so years ago I pulled the rear seat out and found a bag of pot and some roaches in the rear seat ash tray, I talk to the guy I got the car from had the car for 15 years before me and never had the seat our or looked in the ashtrays...the bag did not have any smell to it all.

Aw the good old 60 and 7o's I wonder if it the good ole panama red of the day.

Do you still have it. Could be a collectors item one day.

Ms Grumpy
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM

Good one Gary. Heck we are all collectors items.

RBeckman
04-19-2012, 07:55 PM

I did light it and went up so fast with no smell of the real stuff. I should have planted the seeds to see what happened.

flash
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
How was the BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ?

Garyb
04-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to find the guy who stashed it there and say, Hey man found your weed, you want it back.

I'm kind of old fashioned that way.