PDA

View Full Version : Dang Computer

shadowgray396
06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I lost with out my laptop. Mine just went down yesterday so I having to use a computer at work or my wifes at home. I miss the wireless feature, log in anywhere. Hope to have it back by monday. Might not be on as much until I get it back. I use it when working on the car to research info if I need too. Everyone have a great weekend.
Ray

rak1
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I hate computers and don't own one! I have to work with them for eight hours a day is bad enough. Sometimes I wonder if computers have made the world a better place, or do they cause more hurt by replacing workers and causing all the internet problems with thief, etc. Would we better without them?

Hank70SS
06-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I hate computers and don't own one! I have to work with them for eight hours a day is bad enough. Sometimes I wonder if computers have made the world a better place, or do they cause more hurt by replacing workers and causing all the internet problems with thief, etc. Would we better without them?

With out computers we wouldn't have Chevelle Fourms! Get that thing fixed Ray, we'll miss you.

Ms Grumpy
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I love my computer and hate it at the same time. I have started a new position at work and I needed to fill out a form, which by the way was e-mailed to every at work, I happen to be the only one working on this stuff at home. And I don't have all the excel programs that they have in their offices. Let me tell you it was not fun. Anyway I hope I have the problem solved, we will see.

rak1
06-07-2010, 01:59 PM
With out computers we wouldn't have Chevelle Fourms! Get that thing fixed Ray, we'll miss you.
True. But just think people would have to meet in person, have a beer, join clubs, etc. Just think of the possibilities; instead of just typing on a computer we would have to leave the house from time to time to hang out with friends like in the old days before computers. How many people do you know who just go to work, then go home to sit in front of a screen for hours playing computer games, or spend all their time hanging out of social forums. They don’t go out and see the sun anymore, get fat, and forget there is more to live then wondering why they are getting tinnitus. I see it mostly with kids and young teens but also from time to time in later age groups. Just think of your youth and what these people are missing; is it worth it in the long run. I just wonder sometimes; what is the REAL costs.

Hank70SS
06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
True. But just think people would have to meet in person, have a beer, join clubs, etc. Just think of the possibilities; instead of just typing on a computer we would have to leave the house from time to time to hang out with friends like in the old days before computers. How many people do you know who just go to work, then go home to sit in front of a screen for hours playing computer games, or spend all their time hanging out of social forums. They don’t go out and see the sun anymore, get fat, and forget there is more to live then wondering why they are getting tinnitus. I see it mostly with kids and young teens but also from time to time in later age groups. Just think of your youth and what these people are missing; is it worth it in the long run. I just wonder sometimes; what is the REAL costs.

You don't have to give up face to face contact because you have a computer. In fact I've met a lot of good people because I met them first on the computer. I met Darren when we vacationed in HI. I met Rich when we were in CA. I've met a dozen other people here in MI because of the computer. My neighbors don't have any interest in classic cars. Forums introduced me to a lot of people that do. I can also find information in a few seconds that would take hours, maybe days, if it was even available somewhere else. It's a tool, a convenience and it can open up your world. Or you can sit in front of it all day long and never enjoy the world. All depends on how you use it just like any other tool or convenience.

rak1
06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
You don't have to give up face to face contact because you have a computer. In fact I've met a lot of good people because I met them first on the computer. I met Darren when we vacationed in HI. I met Rich when we were in CA. I've met a dozen other people here in MI because of the computer. My neighbors don't have any interest in classic cars. Forums introduced me to a lot of people that do. I can also find information in a few seconds that would take hours, maybe days, if it was even available somewhere else. It's a tool, a convenience and it can open up your world. Or you can sit in front of it all day long and never enjoy the world. All depends on how you use it just like any other tool or convenience.
True again Hank. I wasn't talking about anyone on this site just sometimes I see iissues with young adults nowadays, including my nephew. He cannot leave or go anywhere without his cell phone, and as soon as he gets home he's on the computer going to twitter.

grumpy
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Very well said Hank !

rak1
06-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes Hank said it very well, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

rak1
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I'll be good and go back into my room now.... Sorry if I offended anyone it was just a general discussion and was not directed at anyone on this site.:ntwrthy:

Hank70SS
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll be good and go back into my room now.... Sorry if I offended anyone it was just a general discussion and was not directed at anyone on this site.:ntwrthy:
You didn't offend anyone, guess I didn't catch what you were really saying and I think you're right. We, most of us, didn't grow up with computers. We use them now that we have them but we don't center our life's around them. I'm a software engineer so I use a computer all day long, when I'm working. I'd rather be outside most of the time but the computer is a nice diversion too.

shadowgray396
06-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Got my lap top back today, I'm happy.
Ray

rak1
06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Welcome back Ray!!