PDA

View Full Version : Interior Products

shadowgray396
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
What do you like to use on the interior. Like dash pad, kick panels, etc. I'm not a fan of slick greasy look. I have an original dash pad that I need to put something on it to keep it from cracking.
Rsy

grumpy
06-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Since restoring our interior, I am watching this thread too. Not sure what to use other then the dreaded armor all.

shadowgray396
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Since restoring our interior, I am watching this thread too. Not sure what to use other then the dreaded armor all.

I have heard that Armor All will dry out the dash pad causing it to crack.

Hank70SS
06-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Haven't tried it but heard about cleaning interior parts with Murphy's oil soap. Won't dry out the vinyl but doesn't leave an oily film.

Ms Grumpy
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Murphy's oil soap does leave the oily film and if you get it wet, while on any surface, it can become gooey/soapy again. And if you do try it, be prepared, because it can be hard to get off without using a soap like dawn dish soap, which definately can dry things out.

Hank70SS
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for heads up, like I said I haven't tried, just heard about. I'll scratch that off my list.

grumpy
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
We need to get sosmeone from a detailer shop on board.

Hank70SS
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
We need to get sosmeone from a detailer shop on board.

What's a 'sosmeone' dave, I'll start looking for one? :D

grumpy
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
What's a 'sosmeone' dave, I'll start looking for one? :D

Its what you get when 3 kids and a wife are asking you questions, while your trying to post :D

Hank70SS
06-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Its what you get when 3 kids and a wife are asking you questions, while your trying to post :D

Oh, I thought it's what you get after having a few beers and trying to type. I've read a few of my posts later and said "What the hell!"

flash
06-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Guys and gals ,I am cheap and like things that work that are cheap. I use store brand(dollarstore) babyoil on my seats ,dashpad,doorpanels ,kickpanels ,weatherstrips and anything else vinyl or plastic.It looks good and a little goes a long way. Just put some on a microfiber towel and wipe it on .I have done this for years and will continue to use it. I keep a small bottle in the trunk all the time.

zombie1969
06-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Lucky for me I dont have a padded dash.But if I did I might just have a towel with me and lay it over it and keep the sun off.

Rank
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I dont know why all the negatives about armour-all but it works like a champ for me ... just a note though, many dont realize that armour-all makes a "low-lustre" product also that keeps the glare down in the bright sun .... vette owners know what I mean.

One thing though, DO NOT use armour-all on your atv seats .... stoopid me! LOL

Trophyman
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I use Johnson's Baby Oil. About 3-4 drops on the rag and wipe down the dash. I know, I know----- "I don't want an oily residue on my car"... Wah!!!!!!

If you use too much-- yes, it will leave some behind. But only use a small amount and it protects the dash and other surfaces perfectly. A guy at Mother's told me about this. I bought a bunch of other stuff from him at a show and he said to try it. Works great !!!!!

Randy

ishie
01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
thats the same thing I've done on my dash pads (http://www.jcwhitney.com/dash-pads/c13239j1s17.jcwx), put a little drop of oil and it really goes well just don't put too much as Trophyman said if you don't want to mess your dash :) Try that!

69chevelless
01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't really like using armour-all in my chevelle. It works a lot better in my Audi. But to be honest I never really clean the inside of my chevelle cause it never gets dirty.

flash
01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I use baby oil on my dash ,seats ,door panels and steering wheel. I just put a little on a clean cloth and wipe it on and then wipe it again with a dry cloth. It is also great on door and trunk weatherstrip and its cheaper than the other stuff.

fleming23
01-31-2012, 07:25 AM
One of the best, non-greasy products you can use on your car is 303 Aerospace protectant. If you search the product you will see it mentioned on countless car forums and typically is one of the highest rated, although there are many alternatives as already mentioned here. Just throwing my $.02 out there, as that is about all it is worth :)

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/303_aerospace_protectant1305167748.jpg

72BLACKNWHITE
10-09-2012, 11:44 AM
i use lexyol int. conditioner , great stuff a two part system but leaves a natural shine, not a greasy film, although i had my upholstery guy build me a nice carpet mat with chevelle stitched in that looks great while she sits outside(almost never)