PDA

View Full Version : If you were starting a business..

Ms Grumpy
05-30-2010, 07:05 PM
If you were starting a business, focusing on body work, but able to do other repairs too. The owners want to focus on personal attention, more one on one with the owner of the car. What would you name it?

68 nova 10.5
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Actually, the direction we would like to take our business is more towards race car fabrications, building street machines, and also restorations. Our shop is small, so we like to think we could offer the customer personal (exclusive) service while keeping our overhead to a minimum. Therefore we are thinking about Exclusive Chassis Works or Exclusive Muscle Cars & Classics.

RBeckman
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
If I were starting a business like that I like the names..

Great Lakes Motorsports

Michigan Motorsports

Ms Grumpy
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Actually, the direction we would like to take our business is more towards race car fabrications, building street machines, and also restorations. Our shop is small, so we like to think we could offer the customer personal (exclusive) service while keeping our overhead to a minimum. Therefore we are thinking about Exclusive Chassis Works or Exclusive Muscle Cars & Classics.

OK...so I was trying to keep it generic. And not give too much info.

Ms Grumpy
05-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I googled E=MC2. It took me to a Mariah Carey site. Apparently it is the name of one of her albums. I was surprised that it took me there before Albert Einstein.

piette
05-30-2010, 11:10 PM

I like the names, but it could be potentially a tough start up name. The "Exclusive" part sounds pricey which may turn away some potential work, work that you need in the beginning. Unless of course you already have some clientel to get you going, in which case the "exclusive" word can help you maintain a higher class of cars that you work on which also means the upper end of the pay scale. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with going after select-wealthier clients, and when done right can lead to a very profitable and rewarding business. Think along the lines of Foose, and Trepanier, even BoydCoddingtn in his day. They all are or were known to be very expensive and very exclusive and all made very good money and stayed really busy.

Jeff

Rank
05-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Seems to me the claim of "personal touch" or "exclusive treatment" would not be necessary to be in the name but more it the company motto (plastered on all advertising)

i.e......

RANK ENTERPRISES
"Why go somewhere else to be chiseled and cheated"
Phone 1-800-bodywerks

Ms Grumpy
05-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Seems to me the claim of "personal touch" or "exclusive treatment" would not be necessary to be in the name but more it the company motto (plastered on all advertising)

i.e......

RANK ENTERPRISES
"Why go somewhere else to be chiseled and cheated"
Phone 1-800-bodywerks

That is a great marketing tool to use.

Derek69SS
05-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Is it a hot rod/fabrication shop, or a body shop?

Is the primary focus to be making things go fast, or repaints/restorations, or complete car builds?

The name will determine which segment of the hobby will be drawn to your door...

68 nova 10.5
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback ,I really appreciate............................Glenn