PDA

View Full Version : Crap weekend for me

grandsport
05-29-2010, 08:40 PM
My wifes mother fell yesterday and she had to cancel her favorite dog show trip of the year. No help from her brother or sister.:mad: Maureen is staying at her moms,because no care givers want to work the weekend,which my wife pays for.:(

Ms Grumpy
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope she will be OK. It really stinks that your wife has to be the only one who will help. Let us know how things turn out.

grandsport
05-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Just makes me mad Maureen has to do it all,and it's ruining her health too. Hopefully her mother won't suffer much longer....

grandsport
05-29-2010, 10:04 PM
This is all new to me,as both my father and step father died suddenly.My mother is now 86 and she can still kick my butt. Heck,when I was down Wednesday,she helped me load her lawnmower into my car.In a way I think my wife is a little jealous of the way my mom is.

grandsport
05-29-2010, 10:56 PM
My mom lives alone,and the only thing I really have to do for her is general upkeep on the outside of her home and cut the grass. My sister takes her places as she gave up driving a few years back. As you might guess,she drove a Chrysler.:)

Hank70SS
05-30-2010, 07:11 AM
We spent close to 15 years taking care of Lynda's parents. Her mother had emphysema and stomach problems, very frail. Her father developed alzheimers during that time. We were raising two young kids at the time. Her older sister was too busy with her teenage girls to help. Her parents are both gone now and we haven't seen or spoken to her sister and brother in-law in years, they only live about 30 minutes from us.

chevguy65
05-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear this Gary....Give me a call today and I will try to cheer you upWaving

grandsport
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear this Gary....Give me a call today and I will try to cheer you upWaving

Hey Carl,your number is at my office and I ain't going near that place. My cell# is 724 787 3029. Anyone else is welcome to call too.Waving

CarolinaSpeCAp
05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Happy Memorial Day!!Gary so sorry to hear about your Ma in laws spill, hope she will make a speedy recovery. I's raised up a lot by my maternal GP's and was so blessed to be taught the importance of taking care of the ones that took care of me. It was a honor back in 98 when I took care of my Gma while she passed with lung cancer; we had a 7 year old daughter and were young and broke as a joke; no one else much helped in the family...bout the same thing in 04 for my own Ma in law, it was just my husband and daughter...managin meds, gettin them to chemo, changin butts, callin the preacher n sayin thanks n finally g'bye...what an honor, however emotionally and physically taxing those hours I spent returning the favor of unconditional love & loyalty are the best investment I ever made. My girl was there too, we've instilled this forgotten concept of loyalty too but we had a 2nd one just for backup...lol...ow they are gone and I have those sweet sweet memories that the ones that never came will never have the joy of having, really sad for them.....hang in there, ya'll are in my prayers.
Crystal

grandsport
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks,Crystal that was very nice!

Ms Grumpy
05-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Gary, I lost my dad when I was 9, so my mom was pretty much both parents to me. Today we had her over to our house for a BBQ. It was storming, so I called to see if she wanted us to pick her up. She bought a condo earlier this year and my oldest daughter moved in with her to help her out, emotionally and financially. My daughter is moving out next month, and my mom seems OK with it. But I worry, she is in her upper 70's and will be living alone. With hearing of your mothers fall, I worry that if something happens, that no one will be there to help. I would do anything for my mother, unlike my siblings. They are more interested in what mom will leave them, I am more interested in mom never leaving.

I hope for a quick recovery of your mother in law. Make sure your wife takes care of herself too. Keep us informed as to how everyone is doing.

Nancy

grandsport
06-01-2010, 07:18 AM
I think I posted before but my m-i-l has cancer big time. And she has a recurring infection which makes her think she can do things she can't. That is how she fell.There is really nothing they can do for her,it is just a matter of time now.The wife is getting pretty well run down,I just hope she doesn't get sick again.

flash
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Gary ,is there any way you can hire someone full time to look after her for a while to give your wife a break? She needs to rest and recharge or she may hurt herself due to stress. My wife had a heart attack due to stress several years ago and almost died on me .We were the major caretakers for my FIL who had Alsheimers and the inlaws were no help .We finaly had to put my FIL in a home for a brief time where he probably got better care than we could give him. They took very good care of him to the end and we were able to visit every day.My inlaws split his estate between themselves shortly thereafter even though my MIL is still very much alive and my wife got nothing. Watch out for those outlaws as I now call them. Take care of your wife as well as yourself .My prayers are there for you as you need all the help you can get.
PS: laugh every chance you get ,it beats crying and definetely helps.

grandsport
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
She has a service come to the home,but no one wanted to work the Holiday.

Hank70SS
06-01-2010, 10:25 AM
It's tough watching a loved one slowly die. Leaves you feeling helpless and is emotionally draining. Make sure you're there for Maureen, I know you will, just listening to her and providing emotional support will be a big help in getting here through this.

Hank70SS
06-01-2010, 10:35 AM
My mother lives with my sister and brother in-law near Miami. Lynda had researched and called assisted living homes up here. We even went and visited a few. That would have been the best thing for mom but my sister asked her to come live with them.

They rely on her money to get by because they live pay check to pay check. They make enough money, they just think they make a lot more. They both work full time and pretty much ignore my mom when they are home. She's my sister but she is a pig. I really don't like staying in their house when we go down, I would be ashamed to have anyone come into my house if it looked like that.

Anyway, I feel kind of helpless. I don't like my mom being there but she really can't stay with us. She's way overweight, bad knees and bad back. We have a tri-level, the full baths and bedrooms are upstairs. My mom uses a walker and still can barely walk, no way she can handle the stairs here. She's at the point now where most homes won't even take her.

rak1
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm very sorry to hear al the problems your going through, All I can say is try to stay positive and to hang in there Gary!!