PDA

View Full Version : Hi

MarMar
05-21-2010, 03:38 PM
HI Everyone!Waving

My name is Mary (MarMar is one of several nicknames my husband has bestowed upon me). My husband is rak1. We live in Reno, NV and have been married for 6+ years. We have two cats (Charlie and Mixie), and are the proud owners of a '67 El Camino (which are in the process of restoring from the ground up). I learned to drive on a '66 Impala, so I guess you could say I have a 'chevy background' :D My hobbies include reading supernatural-themed books (yes, I love Twilight), making jewelry, and spending time with my sweetheart of a husband (Love you Babes:)).

grandsport
05-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Mary,welcome. Waving There I feel better.

Were you paid to write that last sentence?:p

Ms Grumpy
05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Welcome Marmar,

Yeah....another lady......

Don't let grandsport get to you, he is our official greeter and he likes to harass everyone. lol

MarMar
05-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Mary,welcome. Waving There I feel better.

Were you paid to write that last sentence?:p

Nah. He always says nice things about me, so I thought I would return the favor. He really is a sweetheart. He spoils me rotten, and I try to do the same to him. We have been married for over 6 years, but still act like newlyweds.;)

MarMar
05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Welcome Marmar,

Yeah....another lady......

Don't let grandsport get to you, he is our official greeter and he likes to harass everyone. lol

Glad I'm not the only gal in town...Waving

I can take the harrassment. If it gets too bad I'll just sic my husband on him...;)

Hank70SS
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi Mary, welcome to Chevelle Forums. My first car was a 66 Impala convertible. I strayed a few times but almost every car as been a GM and mostly Chevy's.

Rank
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Welcome Mary. I assume your hubby told you that he has offered me the spare bedroom and three hot meals a day for the week of Hot August Nites .... he said you wouldnt mind.
I gave up my room at John Austansta's Nugget considering yawls generosity! .... oh, by the way, I am allegric to cats. You gots a favorite kennel?

.... oh and welcome.

flash
05-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome MarMar ,what kind of jewelry do you make ? Any pictures .

shadowgray396
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Welcome Mary, Glad you are here. You will have to post some pictures of your 67 Elcamino.
Ray

grumpy
05-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome Mary, the misses and I are hoping to visit Reno in the near future.

Rank
05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Just kidding on my comments Mary. I find the creature comforts to my liking at the Nugget but one thing about Reno is no better "car town" can be found in my book. Love it! Nothing beats cruising Virginia Ave.

Highway Star
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the site.

rak1
05-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi MarMar!!

MarMar
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Welcome MarMar ,what kind of jewelry do you make ? Any pictures .

I can post pictures, if you are interested. Everything is for sale, and prices are very reasonable.

grandsport
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I can post pictures, if you are interested. Everything is for sale, and prices are very reasonable.

Do you finance?:p

MarMar
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Do you finance?:p

25% interest, compounded hourly...:D

MarMar
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
WavingThanks for the welcome everyone!! I am glad to be a part of this great forum!:ntwrthy:

flash
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Please do post some pics of what you make, I would like to see it.

MarMar
05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I will take some pics and create an album.:)

MarMar
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
There! I finally got my signature to show up. My husband told me I had to have a signature, with my name on the first line. I told him I thought my name was obvious, but he insisted...

rak1
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I had faith in you MarMar....

grandsport
05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey MarMar,is that a Princess Diana Beenie Baby?

MarMar
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey MarMar,is that a Princess Diana Beenie Baby?

It's actually a picture I copied from " The Purple Store" website. The Princess Diana Beanie was a darker purple. I did have one at one time, but I sold it, along with all my other Beanies, at a garage sale. They were a lousy investment, but I do miss them sometimes...:(

grandsport
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
It's actually a picture I copied from " The Purple Store" website. The Princess Diana Beanie was a darker purple. I did have one at one time, but I sold it, along with all my other Beanies, at a garage sale. They were a lousy investment, but I do miss them sometimes...:(

Yeah,tell me about the investment.:( I got 5 of them for my daughter when they were hot,and her and the wife got greedy. Then the bottom fell out.All told I think there about a 100 in the basement. Ah yes,high finances.:p

MarMar
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah,tell me about the investment.:( I got 5 of them for my daughter when they were hot,and her and the wife got greedy. Then the bottom fell out.All told I think there about a 100 in the basement. Ah yes,high finances.:p

I calculate that I spent over $4000 on them, while I was collecting. I sold them for about $450. Pretty sad... My mom still has all hers (we were collecting at the same time), and I believe she is going to give them all to me when they "downsize" to a smaller house. Don't know what I'll do with them, but I'll probably hang on to them. Maybe in 20 years they'll be worth 50 cents on the dollar:D

Ms Grumpy
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Sounds like any Collectible hobby. Pay a lot for them, and "Hope" they increase in value. Hey sounds like the car hobby too, which is sad.

RBeckman
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Gary, I got a idea for you, put them all in the back seat of your Chevelle when you go cruising or car shows...all the guys will be really impressed, and the women will all want you. Please take pics when you do this so can all enjoy it and comment on them. :D

grandsport
05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Gary, I got a idea for you, put them all in the back seat of your Chevelle when you go cruising or car shows...all the guys will be really impressed, and the women will all want you. Please take pics when you do this so can all enjoy it and comment on them. :D

Black SS and a puppy,need I say more?:D

rak1
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Ric I thought you were going to say so when you go cruising you can throw them at people.:D

RBeckman
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Ric I thought you were going to say so when you go cruising you can throw them at people.:D To Quote Larry the Cable guy "I don't care who you are that's funny"

Black SS and a puppy,need I say more?:D

Gary, I know what you mean, sometimes I take my Bull Dog with me and she is loved by everyone. But you should really think about crusing with all the beanie babys...it would be so cool.:rolleyes:

grandsport
05-27-2010, 02:52 PM
To Quote Larry the Cable guy "I don't care who you are that's funny"

Gary, I know what you mean, sometimes I take my Bull Dog with me and she is loved by everyone. But you should really think about crusing with all the beanie babys...it would be so cool.:rolleyes:

You first.:p

RBeckman
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
You first.:p

Gary, I wish I could but my wife does not collect Beanie Babies, she collects shoes.

grandsport
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Gary, I wish I could but my wife does not collect Beanie Babies, she collects shoes.

You do know that it is not I that collect Beanie Babies? Now that would be silly. When I get a chance,I will post pics of my Barbie collection.:o

RBeckman
05-27-2010, 08:38 PM
You do know that it is not I that collect Beanie Babies? Now that would be silly. When I get a chance,I will post pics of my Barbie collection.:o

I collect receipts from local auto parts stores, Summit racing, Jegs, NPD, Year one, Keisler Engineering, in fact just posted my Summit Racing sticker collection in the want ads...I'm expecting big money from them.

MarMar
05-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Please do post some pics of what you make, I would like to see it.

Here are a couple of pictures. Lots more in my album!!
http://www.chevelleforum.net/picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=205
http://www.chevelleforum.net/picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=209
http://www.chevelleforum.net/picture.php?albumid=40&pictureid=216

CarolinaSpeCAp
06-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Nice earbobs Mary....some of the Chevelle club gals have had bobs n necklaces made from small SS's and they looked so cool....give em a spin too.....
I collect firearms, old cars (mostly Chevelles, Novas & old trucks Chevy & GM), pressure cookers, antiques and a buncha other junk I have no space for. Welcome Mary!

Rank
06-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Just wondering, whats the exchange rate of Avon bottles for Beanie Babies?

Hank70SS
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Here are a couple of pictures. Lots more in my album!

My wife has made few for herself, never got into it very big though.

RBeckman
06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Just wondering, whats the exchange rate of Avon bottles for Beanie Babies?

From everything I have read here it looks at Gary is the expert on Beanie Babies and Barbie's, not sure what his knowledge base is on Avon bottles.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/trailer%20trash%20barbie/hltthompson1/trashbarbie.jpg?o=28

rak1
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
If anyone needs anything made Mary would be more then happy to create them for you. She works for cost!!