PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate this?

grandsport
05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Rotated my sneakers today and I'll tell you what I hate it. It takes about a month to get the right look and feel. Is anyone else here bothered by this or is it just me?

Hank70SS
05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
It's just you, you want me to delete this post for you? :p

grumpy
05-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Rotated my sneakers today and I'll tell you what I hate it. It takes about a month to get the right look and feel. Is anyone else here bothered by this or is it just me?

Doesn't that hurt ? :D

grandsport
05-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Doesn't that hurt ? :D

It doesn't hurt too much,but the correct look is not there yet. Do you understand what I'm saying?:p

flash
05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Its just you Gary ,by the way what look are you after ?

grandsport
05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Its just you Gary ,by the way what look are you after ?

Not the brand new bright white look but not an old ragged look either. Somewhere in between. Sort of like a week after you get a haircut,the look is perfect.

The ideal situation would be to have someone wear them for a month,but who do you trust?

Derek69SS
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Rotated my sneakers today
You put them on the opposite feet to even out the wear patterns? :D Were they cupping from a poor alignment?

rak1
05-21-2010, 04:09 PM
You put them on the opposite feet to even out the wear patterns? :D Were they cupping from a poor alignment?
That was my question too but you beat me to it....:D

grandsport
05-21-2010, 04:13 PM

I always keep 3 new pair in the box in my closet. the drill is open a new pair for work,then use the retired work pair for general local use,and the 3rd pair for yard work. Then the wife orders a new pair.:)

Ms Grumpy
05-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I always keep 3 new pair in the box in my closet. the drill is open a new pair for work,then use the retired work pair for general local use,and the 3rd pair for yard work. Then the wife orders a new pair.:)

Sounds like something my grandpa used to do....lol...

Hank70SS
05-21-2010, 05:57 PM
I cycle shoes like Cary. New, have to break them so they don't look brand new. Then every day use. Then work around the house use. I have one pair of white mid-high tennis shoes I've had for... I don't even know how long. They're perfect, I keep them in the garage right next to the door from the house. Don't lace them up just slip them on when working on the car. Slide them off when I come in the house.

I have work boots, several pairs, dress shoes, several pairs, but mostly I were sneakers or slip on moccasins. Since I work from home fashion is not all that important.

Hey Gary, did you get your temp gauge problem fixed? That's the only thing not working with my new dash and gauge conversion.

grandsport
05-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Hank,my future son in law is an electrical genius along with his computer skills at his job.:) He is just waiting for me to be in the mood to tear the dash out to fix it. In the meantime the amp guage quit working along with the dash lights,which half worked last year.I just got a new printed circuit,the best this time, and we will tear into it in the next couple of weeks. Those dam helicopters screwed me up,so I am behind schedule.:p I will keep you posted.

Hank70SS
05-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Helicopters! That's why my car isn't done yet.

Amp gauge, dash lights and temp gauge? Unless the printed circuit went up in smoke I would be surprised if that was the problem. Pull the dash pad and make sure the harness connector is plugged into the gauge pod all the way. That's the only thing that should cause all 3 to go except for a total meltdown of the printed circuit. I'll let you know if, when, I find out what's wrong with the temp gauge.

grandsport
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Everything else is good,I'm thinking grounds?

Hank70SS
05-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Maybe, but not the amp gauge, no ground there. It has 2 connections, one to the junction block by the battery and one to horn relay, main splice area, no grounds.

grandsport
05-21-2010, 08:40 PM
It quit all of a sudden,so maybe I'll get a new guage before we rip everything apart?

Rank
05-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I wouldnt wear 'em till they are worn in alittle .... know what I mean?