PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day

Ms Grumpy
05-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't forget you special "mother" in your life on Sunday.

Remember this is the wife, mother, girlfriend who has been there thru your "I just need one more thing for the car" moments. She is also the one who bought you those gift certificates to your favorite car parts place.

Maybe she is the one who wants absolutely nothing to do with the car.

Either way, she may still be a "mom". Enjoy your day with her.

Nancy

shadowgray396
05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks Nancy for the reminder. I already had something special plan for my wife tomorrow. This will the first year that I won't have a Mom to send flowers to since we lost her last December. But to all the Moms "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" may it be a blessed day of peace and love and a special one just for you.
Ray

Ms Grumpy
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Ray,
All those mom's that we have lost for one reason or another, are still with us and just talking about them and remembering the good times will make the day easier.

Enjoy the day with your special lady.

Nancy

Ms Grumpy
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Ain't that the truth...

grandsport
05-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Kind of a different Mothers day this year for us. My wife got the news yesterday that her mom has but a few months to live because of cancer,and my mom who is the same age can still kick my butt. Going to be a tough one for my wife.:(

Hank70SS
05-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Sad news Gary, all the best to your family. It's going to be hard on Maureen, you have to be there for her.

Hank70SS
05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
No moms around here today. My mom is in FL and Lynda is in CA with our daughter. I'll call them both a little later.

Ms Grumpy
05-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Isn't it amazing. When we are young, we want to be old. Then as we get older we want to be young, if for nothing else, to still have that special time with the ones we love, especially our Mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all your significant others.

And our thoughts and prayers to those who will have a difficult day.

Nancy

grandsport
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
My wife had a pretty nice day,considering the situation. We went to my moms for dinner,then worked around the yard for a while.Lindsay stopped to see her but she was at the hospital visiting her mom.This is the first mothers day for Maureen without Lindsay.:( But she will be here for a week after Avis has her puppies which hopefully will be tomorrow.:)

Ms Grumpy
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Gary,
My heart goes out to you and your family. Let us know how things are going.

Nancy

grandsport
05-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Gary,
My heart goes out to you and your family. Let us know how things are going.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy and every one else for your thoughts. For sure I will keep you posted.

danny85
05-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Sorry to know about your wife's mom Gary.Its really sad for you and your family.Just support your wife when she feels sad.I'll pray for her mom.

Ms Grumpy
05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
How are things going Gary?

grandsport
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
They are moving her to a hospice home today.Hopefully she will be able to come home for her final days. Really taking a toll on my wife.

flash
05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
There is nothing that can prepare you for the upcoming death of someone you love . Been there and dont wish it on anyone. But hospice can at least make the patient comfortable to the end. We were able to see my father-in-law die with peace after battling Alsheimers for many years thanks to hospice. Gary ,my thoughts and prayers for you all during this time of struggle.

grandsport
05-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks,John.

rak1
05-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm taking Mom and the wife to dinner tomorrow for Mom's day. I know it's late but I didn't have any extra $$ last week. My father died a year and half ago from COPD, and my mom is having breathing problems and is on oxygen 24/7 with a pap starting this week. She just had more tests done, sleep study, etc and they don't know what's causing the drop in her oxygen levels. Without oxygen her level drops to 85 sitting; I hope they find out soon what's causing the problem and fix it. Hang in there Gary and best wishes!!

Ms Grumpy
05-14-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm taking Mom and the wife to dinner tomorrow for Mom's day. I know it's late but I didn't have any extra $$ last week. My father died a year and half ago from COPD, and my mom is having breathing problems and is on oxygen 24/7 with a pap starting this week. She just had more tests done, sleep study, etc and they don't know what's causing the drop in her oxygen levels. Without oxygen her level drops to 85 sitting; I hope they find out soon what's causing the problem and fix it. Hang in there Gary and best wishes!!

Robert,
Doesn't matter when you take "Mom" out for mother's day. All that matters is that you remember her anytime, any way.

david1985
05-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Happy mothers day to every one.I feel so special that my mom is there to take care of me. when ever there is some problem i share with her.And she gives me the strenght to face the problem.Thanks mom for every thing.