PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever buy a new car by looks?

grandsport
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
After months of looking at vans and suvs,we were leaving the lot on a test drive . Maureen stops,backs up and points at a vehicle. That's the one I want! Never drove it ,sat in it for a minute and that was it. Done deal and it was never even mentioned in my months of pricing and research. This ever happen to you guys?

andy
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
LOL! That's how I bought my Chevelle!
That explains why it's in the shop. Doh!:o

rak1
05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, a purple '06 Dodge Charger for the wife because it was Purple.

Chevelle_Nut
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
IMO that is what most women do, personally, I pop the hood first then look at the rest of the car.

rak1
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
It's a funny story: The wife had just bought a new '05 Dodge Charger the year before and we had to bring it in for service. While we we're waiting for the car to get its oil changed and such I suggested we go out and look at some of the new cars to kill time. Well it turned out they had just gotten a new limited edition Plumb Crazy Daytona Charger and since my wife love the color Purple once she saw it she made a bee line for it. At first everything seemed fine and after looking at some of the other cars and trucks on the lot with her, her car was finally done and we went home. Well the next morning she wakes me at 8am on a Saturday and told me she wanted to go back to Reno Dodge and look at the car again. She told me she couldn’t sleep all night because of that car; well, the next thing I know I'm talking to the dealer about the price and setting up the deal. So now she owns the car which is 356 of 1400 made and she's a happy camper. To her this is the best car ever made and she will own it until the wheels fall off of it. Currently it has almost 30 thousand miles on it and it has been a good car; still to this day people give her the thumbs up at least once a day; funny thing is it seems the teens and the young drivers who seem to love it. My wife just turned 47 this year. I guess she’s young for her age!

Hank70SS
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM
No, I like to use my other senses. First smell then taste, if that checks out then I go with feel, rubbing my hands all over the car. Of course I do this blind folded so as not to be swayed by the looks. :p

rak1
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Were taking about a car here right.....:D

No, I like to use my other senses. First smell then taste, if that checks out then I go with feel, rubbing my hands all over the car. Of course I do this blind folded so as not to be swayed by the looks. :p

rak1
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Mary told me I can look all I want but I cannot touch...:D

Hank70SS
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Were taking about a car here right.....:D

Oops! Wrong thread.

rak1
05-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Tread is something that you have to remove from you shirts when they come loose.... Darn it wrong tread!!!:p

grandsport
05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
LOL.....:p

rak1
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Here's the wifes car; now if I can only get her to wax it.
http://chevelleforum.org/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=163

grandsport
05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Cool car. Glad to see another MoPar lover here.

grandsport
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
They have some nice looking cars... the govt. Chrysler company.... but I have only owned one Chrysler product in my life and would not own another one.... but that is just my position.

Have had at least one in my driveway for the last 22 years.

rak1
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I've always owned at least one Mopar since I was 18 starting with a light green 1969 Hemi Roadrunner with a black roof and interior that I owned for 10 years before I was offered too much money by one person to keep it. We're talking six figures in 1989 which ended up paying for a '72 Nova SS, triple black with a four speed, '73 340 Cuda, blue with a four speed, and lastly a '66 Ford Mustang 289 "A" code and a four speed, Plus I still had enough money for a large down on my first house. Funny thing I still miss that Hemi, talk about brute power that would smoke them at will. It was a cool car and I got use to changing the plugs every 500 miles. Also turning a corner could be an adventure. It had inline duel quads, a four speed, with power everything.

Highway Star
05-06-2010, 07:42 PM
My wife and I had a Ram Charger for a while, it was the only mopar you'll ever catch me owning though.

grandsport
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
My wife and I had a Ram Charger for a while, it was the only mopar you'll ever catch me owning though.

I hope you typed that with a smile.:p Waving

Highway Star
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I was smiling. That throttle body 318 was a hoss. Seems like those rigs were built for a BIG man. I slid around in the seat in that thing.

matt85
05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
most of the time i do that.Look matters to me very much.But ya performance also matters.But looks first.

Mercedes Parts (http://www.mercedesbenzwheel.com)

grumpy
05-08-2010, 05:26 AM
I bought several on looks. Even a couple from ebay. I learned the hard way. Crawl up its tailpipe and don't stop looking till you see daylight !