PDA

View Full Version : The helicopters are driving me nuts.

grandsport
05-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Yes,those stupid maple tree seed pods are every where on my property. What really sucks is I don't have any maple trees.:( I finally had the place detailed to perfection,and now this. Sometimes I wonder why I care so much about how my place looks.

flash
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I used to be that way but I finally got over it .I still make it look nice but just not as much detail as used to be. Hang in there Gary ,you have a lot going on so be sure and take good care of yourself .

Hank70SS
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
We have one those junk Chinese elm trees next to the driveway. They're crappy trees, very brittle, little branches always falling everywhere. I don't know how this thing survived but it has to be 40' tall, they usually split or break before they get that big. It as little round seed pods, about as big around as a pencil. They're everywhere right now. It rained yesterday so they stick to your shoes, try but they won't wipe off before coming in the house. I hate that tree, if it wasn't so big I'd take a chainsaw to it. It's too big though, if I dropped it, it would no doubt bust the driveway and maybe take out the corner of the house.

The helicopters haven't started yet. We have a huge silver maple at the end of the shed, when it starts the yard will be full of those.

grandsport
05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I used to be that way but I finally got over it .I still make it look nice but just not as much detail as used to be. Hang in there Gary ,you have a lot going on so be sure and take good care of yourself .

I hate being so anal about things.:mad:

flash
05-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Gary, youre not anal . Just over inthuisiestic.

grandsport
05-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Gary, youre not anal . Just over inthuisiestic.

I have no idea what that word means.:p

Hank70SS
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
It's French for anal.

Hank70SS
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
The worst part of the helicopters and the Chinese elm seeds is the land all over the driveway. So they crunch from cars or your feet. Then they get wet when it rains and basically make a mess. If they landed in the grass I wouldn't care. The lawn mower will chew them up and spit them out.

Stop being so inthuisiestic, Gary.

grandsport
05-03-2010, 04:29 PM
It's French for anal.

lol. Sorry but it is no fun being this way.

Trophyman
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Are the helicopters black? Sound like mosquitoes? They are jamming my signal referencing device. I need foil--- Help !!!!
I hate those little things. The pilots are cocky little ***holes too. They buzz me when I'm talking to someone and they know I can't swat them down, because I'd look stupid.
I think I'll go buy a Pacifica. That should remove all doubt.
OWWWWWWW..... j/k Gary !!!!

Randy

grandsport
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Are the helicopters black? Sound like mosquitoes? They are jamming my signal referencing device. I need foil--- Help !!!!
I hate those little things. The pilots are cocky little ***holes too. They buzz me when I'm talking to someone and they know I can't swat them down, because I'd look stupid.
I think I'll go buy a Pacifica. That should remove all doubt.
OWWWWWWW..... j/k Gary !!!!

Randy

I think your foil is worn out.Waving

grandsport
05-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Had I known the sob's were coming,I would have waited for cleanup.:(

shadowgray396
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I just keep blowing them back into the neighbors yard where they came from. I don't have any maple trees in my yard for that reason. But every spring I get alot of little maple trees started in my yard from the ones I missed in the fall.

Ray

grandsport
05-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I just keep blowing them back into the neighbors yard where they came from. I don't have any maple trees in my yard for that reason. But every spring I get alot of little maple trees started in my yard from the ones I missed in the fall.

Ray

Asked the wife yesterday if I could file suit against the neighbor. I burned that bridge 10 years ago anyways.:p

rak1
05-04-2010, 05:35 PM
So Gary are the Helicopters gone now so we can resume regular programming?:D

rak1
05-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I was going to say peanut, or almond but I would be guessing...

grandsport
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
So Gary are the Helicopters gone now so we can resume regular programming?:D

Nope. Hope by this weekend.

rak1
05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I understand completely! When the Reno Air races get here the noise drives me and the wife nuts (Peanut); we end up going to Fallon, NV to get away from it for a while and it makes a nice vacation. We live down the road from where the planes make thier turns and all you hear is the engine noise and jet sounds.