PDA

View Full Version : Funny ads.

rak1
04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I found myself on another site today looking at for sale ads and low and behold I see an ad for a 1969 Chevelle SS. I always think trying to sell a car showing it racing or doing a burnout is the most stupid thing you can show if your trying to sale a car. It's it like saying "Yeah, we beat the hell out of it and we want to sell it to you now, sucker." And he's asking 17k for it without an original drivetrain, yeah right......

Rank
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
..... and they claim "have $20k in reciepts" which reflects the replacement engines and trannies they purchased when the last one went south!

Ms Grumpy
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Makes it harder for those who have meticulously taken care of their car.

grandsport
04-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Ther ought to be a law dealing with people who sell cars,just turns my stomach sometimes.:p

Derek69SS
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Racing pics wouldn't deter me from buying a car, but burnout pics would. Racing is for a "purpose" which the car might be good at... Burnouts are just gratuitous abuse that doesn't really prove anything.

rak1
04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
True, if it was set up to racing and that was the reason I was buying it, but some sellers make it sound like it could be restored to factory conditoin and the racing was nothing and to be proud of; that and asking 17k for a non original drivetrain. I guess I just hate seeing that. Now burnouts on the other hand just prove that the person has more money than brains, or likes breaking things.

john1985
05-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Its a really funny ad.How come you have come across such an ad.

Silverado Accessories (http://www.chevysilveradoparts.com/silverado-accessories-c-5)