04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Any updates since paint ?Waving

grandsport
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Any updates since paint ?Waving

I think she changed her mind on the color.:p

grumpy
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
It got a bit side tracked by another car or two. Work has continued but all the stainless trim was sent out to be restored and the power steering box is out for a rebuild. We hope to have some pictures soon.

Ms Grumpy
04-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I am dying over here. Two weeks ago we had a day that reached 80 degrees, and I saw MANY classics on the street.

Anyway, talked to my brother last night. He has another friend who has volunteered to help (I guess they want it "gone"/done so they can get the shop space back). We still have to decided what exactly we are gonna do with the dash. Before the restoration started I had a cluster of 3 gauges mounted under the middle of the dash. Well I don't want that anymore. We have looked into many different ways to get the gauges into the dash, and I think that we have found something I like. One of the options that my brother has offered is for Glenn to build a custom console that would incorporate the gauges into it. We also have to talk about what exactly we are going to do with the inside of the trunk. An option is to spray some textured paint. Still thinking on that one. Lots of little decisions, and lots of work still to be done.

I am always open to any ideas that you guys have. For the meantime, I am still waiting....and hoping...that I will have the car sometime in June.

For everyone who has their car on the road...cruise a lap, on your favorite strip, for me. And please let me know where that is.

Be safe cruisin' your classic.......
Nancy

Hank70SS
04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Custom console would be nice. Problem with gauges in the console, just like the ones hanging under the dash, is you don't see them. You have to take your eyes off the road and look down to see what's going on.

That's why I removed the gauges hanging from the bottom of my dash. Of course I have a SS round dash so it was easier to move the gauges up there.

rak1
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I use to have a Hardwood hood with a ten inch scoop on my 1972 SS Nove and i mounted three gauges on the rear of the scoop; it came in handy since I couldn't see over the scoop anyways. Would I do it now no way but back in the '70's it was cool, and a chick magnet:D and the Police seemed to like the car too since I got pulled over almost daily.:(

rak1
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh, and the classic did you know what you did wrong speech. I use to say no, but I'm sure you will tell me....

Ms Grumpy
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh, and the classic did you know what you did wrong speech. I use to say no, but I'm sure you will tell me....

Huh???

Must be a guy thing,cause you lost me. Sorry

rak1
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
It's what happens when I get pulled over by the police. They come up to your window and always ask if you know why they pulled you over; what they are trying to do is get you to incriminate yourself by saying something like "Yes, I know I was speeding, and I forgot to stop at the stop sign." I guess on the other post I should have written: Oh, and the classic "did you know what you did wrong speech". I use to tell the police: "No, but I'm sure you will tell me". It was a follow-up post.

flash
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Ms Grumpy, my wife and I will be cruising this weekend in our 72 malibu vert or the 72 Camino depending on the weather to our club meeting in preparation of our show next weekend. Just pretend you are there with us cruising the backroads hopefully top down and sunny.

Ms Grumpy
04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Ms Grumpy, my wife and I will be cruising this weekend in our 72 malibu vert or the 72 Camino depending on the weather to our club meeting in preparation of our show next weekend. Just pretend you are there with us cruising the backroads hopefully top down and sunny.

I will, I will.

Ms Grumpy
04-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Update on Chevelle.

It has a back window and I am pretty sure the windshield went in too.

YEAH !!!!

rak1
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Update on Chevelle.

It has a back window and I am pretty sure the windshield went in too.

YEAH !!!!
Very Cool and congrad!!! We need pictures!!

Highway Star
04-22-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm with Hank, you should want all the gauges where you can see them without having to look to far from the road. My triple gauge is under the dash in the center, and out of sight when I'm driving. If yours were in a console unit, they'd be even lower yet.

I don't know if this is your thing or not, but my wife says that when I make the console to go in between the buckets in my '72 bench seat car....that it needs to have cup holders.

Ms Grumpy
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Saw the floor shifter last time we saw the car and I'm not sure if I want to go with a custom console, which has been offered to me. I know that we are still trying to figure the gauges, and everyones support and ideas have been a great help.

Ms Grumpy
04-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Brother sent a pic on my cell today, back bumper is on the car. We are making progress. Still working on interior and waiting on trim for car which might be back in the middle of May.