PDA

View Full Version : codes and id #

speednut
04-20-2010, 09:26 AM
I may buy a 69 chevelle that was a drag car the man said it ss and he has all the part to pull back on the street - floor but has goodmark floor but he has about 5 69 chevelle all the car are apart seat are all black are they vin # on them . what I need to know is were in find vin # on the car so I can get all the parts to it the floor are cut out from the firewall back can get rearend inter parts shell no motor or tran just like to get all the right part for the car once I get the parts that is it will not trade parts out so if you can help me would be good

Hank70SS
04-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Body, frame and engine are the only parts that had the VIN# on them. Body VIN on driver's side of cowl between the dashpad and windshield. Frame VIN on top of frame rail under trunk, don't recall which side. Engine VIN on pad, front of engine block, passenger side at the bottom of cylinder head.

speednut
04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
thank you I did not no people in the town that I live in thank if it is not a # car it is junk I would hate to get the car and get it up a running and go to sale it and someone say that the seats or some thing is not right new to the chevelle need all the help I can get

Hank70SS
04-20-2010, 04:37 PM
If you don't have the original engine, trans and rear end, or at least ones with correct date codes on them it will never be a number's matching car. That doesn't mean it's worthless. Just depends on how well it's put together. Let's face it, these cars are over 40 years old, not that many that still have all the original parts.

No one can tell which car the seats, dash and other parts a car came with. Some parts had date codes, like the carburetor and other engine parts but if you don't have the correct engine, trans and rear end it doesn't matter. If you want a numbers matching car ok, but you can still but together a really nice car that's not numbers matching.

speednut
04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
That is what I thank to a nice car is a nice # or not call the guy and told him I would take it going this weekend and start to get the parts for it with the help that you gave me I will get the best part to put the car back may be five year but it will be a nice car at the end I thank I will pro tour it