PDA

View Full Version : Is your Chevelle a rattle trap

Garyb
04-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Was cruisin tonight and man this thing has a lot of different noises. Smooth roads are no problem but bumpy roads.....

I still love it though. I put his newer hood hinges on tonight with 29 coil springs and man what a diff. The hood will stay up now and not rub anything...

Derek69SS
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah... stiff suspension, poly body mounts, etc.

troposcuba
04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
funny thing... I have 3" exhaust (behind about 500 hp) flow 40's dumped at the axle, stiff poly susp/body mounts... and untill recently, no interior except seats. man it was (to quote a magazine article i liked recently) "like riding in a loud cheese grater". there were so many rattles and buzzes and other noises, not to mention a ton of road noise. as part of my recent resto/paint, in went the dynomat and full interior. road/suspension noise is GONE! and only the one really bad vibration (I think it is trunk springs) can be barely heard if you pay attention and try to hear it. Don't get me wrong, the car still screams, but no obnoxious, annoying noises now. Just pure engine music. I never thought this car could be so civil sounding inside.

Hank70SS
04-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I have a few rattles, worst thing is wind noise around door windows. Sometimes they seal up good, other times they don't.

grumpy
04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Our 72 was not that bad before we started working on it. Hoping with the addition of a bunch of sound deadener its really quiet now.

Garyb
04-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Good to know. I'm hoping if i can do a body off i'll get alot of it taken care of.

grandsport
04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty fortunate,my car is nice and tight.

piette
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Mine is pretty good other than wind noise. This weekends plan is to get out the Fischer Body Manual and adjust the windows, they are terrible right now, not even close to sealing up correctly. Otherwise my car is pretty good as far as rattles and squeeks and such go. I guess its as quiet as I can expect out of it.

Jeff

rak1
04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm hoping it wont be but I'm betting it will be. Oh, to be or not to be....