PDA

View Full Version : sound like a good trade?

Mitchell
02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I currently have a very much stock turbo350 with a stock stall converter no shift kit no nothing in my truck (rougly 8000 miles on it). A friend of mine just got finished building a turbo400 with a problem correction kit/shift kit that is supposed to correct common turbo400 problems and firm up the shifts. he has a 2600rpm stall for it (he says he's keeping his stall and he's gonna make me keep mine if we trade) and he's got that extra thick snap ring that's supposed to prevent case damage (he is in my class and we are currently studying automatic transmissions, I watched him put all these parts in, I watched him build it, I know it's legit) He really wants the th350 for better launch off the line, and he is convinced it is strong enough for him. I want the turbo400 cuz I want room for improvement, if i ever add nitrous or want to build up the engine more. I will buy a new stall converter cuz my current stock stall speed is way too low for my engine anyway. Opinions help, someone here might bring something to my attention that i might not have thought of that's why i'm asking. thanks :)