PDA

View Full Version : hi

Mitchell
02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
hey don't own a chevelle, just a chevelle fan, been working on older chevys for a while, been going to school and learning how to work on newer cars lately. Big muscle car guy, love hotrods and stuff. Waving

grandsport
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi Mitchell,good to have you here! Waving

Highway Star
02-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome Mitchell. Waving

grumpy
02-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Welcome aboard. Glad ya found us.

Mitchell
02-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Since this is a smaller forum (just getting started?) I'm going to give a little more thorough introduction.

My name is Mitchell, I live in Augusta Ga. I am currently attending Augusta Technical College for Automotive Technology. I am a huge GM muscle car fan! I drive a 92 GMC Sierra (bone stock) and for fun I have a 72 Chevy C/10 with a mildly built 350, with a TH350 tranny, it's a short bed stepside it's pretty cool I'll put a picture up eventually. I joined because I wanted to find some other car enthusiasts out there to talk Small Block Chevy's with and Big Blocks too :) plus Chevelle is one of my favorite cars of all time. specs for my sbc are listed as my "signature" I estimate anywhere from 350-400hp probably a little closer to the 400 side? (maybe that's just wishful thinking lol) Anyway I hope to learn a lot from you guys :-p

shadowgray396
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Welcome Mitchell from another Oregon guy.
Ray

Highway Star
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Since this is a smaller forum (just getting started?) I'm going to give a little more thorough introduction.

My name is Mitchell, I live in Augusta Ga. I am currently attending Augusta Technical College for Automotive Technology. I am a huge GM muscle car fan! I drive a 92 GMC Sierra (bone stock) and for fun I have a 72 Chevy C/10 with a mildly built 350, with a TH350 tranny, it's a short bed stepside it's pretty cool I'll put a picture up eventually. I joined because I wanted to find some other car enthusiasts out there to talk Small Block Chevy's with and Big Blocks too :) plus Chevelle is one of my favorite cars of all time. specs for my sbc are listed as my "signature" I estimate anywhere from 350-400hp probably a little closer to the 400 side? (maybe that's just wishful thinking lol) Anyway I hope to learn a lot from you guys :-p

I'll talk SBCs with you until we're blue in the face. Waving

flash
02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Welcome ,Mitchell
You should come visit the Peachstate Chevelle Show the first weekend in May at Gainesville State College in Oakwood Georgia. You will see lots of nice muscle cars. I have a 72 Chevy truck too but its not very nice yet .It is currently serving as my daily driver while I gather parts .

Mitchell
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Welcome ,Mitchell
You should come visit the Peachstate Chevelle Show the first weekend in May at Gainesville State College in Oakwood Georgia. You will see lots of nice muscle cars. I have a 72 Chevy truck too but its not very nice yet .It is currently serving as my daily driver while I gather parts .

oh mines not all that nice either, and mine was my daily driver till about 4-5 months ago my gfs dad gave me his old truck. The only reason the engines is hopped up like it is now, is because my old cylinder heads were warped (after only 30K miles) and I put some vortec heads on to replace them, and I bought a nice cam to go with them and used as thin as possible head gasket for compression. If I didn't have to replace the heads, I'd still have a bone stock 350/290 GMPP crate engine. I have a small dent in the fender, a lot of rust on the rocker panels and cab corner, still faded primer black, and no inner grill piece, but I still think it looks nice, it has a wide set of BF goodrich tires and some chrome 15in rims and sounds very nice when running, especially when I have the exhaust cut outs open, I love the way those trucks look, I can't wait to get the money together someday and do the body work and get it painted.