PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal question

Retired
01-01-2021, 01:06 PM
I have LED turn signals, I have the proper low load part in the fuse block and my problem is that the right turn signal is a "bright....dim...bright...dim" when it is blinking. It does not go completely out between blinks.

The LEFT, however, acts properly. Weird.... I am thinking maybe a ground wire is loose or disconnected? I replaced the signal part in the fuse block but it did not change anything...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for thinking those thoughts....

Hank70SS
01-01-2021, 04:11 PM
No good ideas but I would think a bad ground would keep it from going full bright. Not from going completely out. But who knows, a bad ground can do some weird stuff.

Retired
01-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that first. Trouble is, it is SUCH a pain getting under the dash...

Thanks for your thoughts on it. I do appreciate it - my wife just says "now you have to take it somewhere to get it fixed..."

Hank70SS
01-01-2021, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking the ground for the turn indicator is near the light, like the bumper or very close. Not sure on a 65 but they didn't run anymore wires than they had too. Frame ground is used all over as opposed to running a separate ground wire.

Retired
01-02-2021, 10:53 AM
I will check that today.... Thank you....

64chevelleguy
01-08-2021, 11:28 PM
I could be wrong,but is the brake switch on the brake pedal engaged? I only say that because I was having similar problem a few months back when I was rewiring my 64.