PDA

View Full Version : How's the party in LA, Jake?

jnorton
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't know how far Baton Rouge is from New Orleans, but I'll bet it's not quiet there tonight! It was a great game and congrats to the Saints for playing a gutsy game. It made for some great football.

Highway Star
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
That was a pretty good game by my standards...both teams demonstrated good sportsmanship for the most part. I watched the game at my house, with friends over. I have a media projector, so we hook it up in the living room, and shoot the game onto a twin bedsheet pulled nice and snug..so I guess that's like a 5x8 screen. Waving

Towards the end of the game, you could hear fireworks outside, and there was a good roar coming from the neighborhood pretty much from the "interception" on. People honking horns, shooting more fireworks, hooting and shouting, playing this or that saints song... They were showing the sporting goods stores on TV, and some of the people were asking if today was going to be declared a holiday, so parents and kids could stay home and celebrate.

I'm sure the quarter is still rocking right now.

jnorton
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Jeez, the French Quarter won't be safe for another two weeks. They won't have the drunks out of the street before Mardi Gras begins.

Highway Star
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Jeez, the French Quarter won't be safe for another two weeks. They won't have the drunks out of the street before Mardi Gras begins.

There are people here at my job that will be going BACK to New Orleans to party/celebrate MORE tonight.

BillsCamino
02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Save me some :beer: I'll be in Alex on Friday for the weekend. Waving
Congrats to the Saints!!!