PDA

View Full Version : taxes!

stalkingbear
01-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow! The people of Oregon have spoken! They want MORE taxation! We passed measure 66, 67 which increases out taxes!

Aren't we smart?

Had a meeting with the owner where I work and we will figure out what the corporation will have to do to keep afloat. The state is taxing corporations on the gross sales - not the profit - and will make this tax retroactive to Jan 2009. We figure that we will have to pay an additional 16K in taxes for last year.

One company that distributes fuel in So Oregon will pay taxes on their taxes!
You know how much federal, state and local tax there could be in a gallon of fuel.... now we tax the tax.

Smart cookies, those Oregonians.......

Bah!

Hank70SS
01-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Sounds like government in action to me. Michigan is in the dumpster right now and trying to figure out how to make ends meet. They're coming up with all kinds of great ideas on how to suck more out of us and the businesses here.

They want to pass a law that all public employees take a pay. Not just state employees but county, city, township, and local school employees. In the mean time our state senators and representatives get lifetime free medical insurance at age 55. They do have to serve at least 6 years though so I guess they really deserve it. Six years of employment for lifetime free medical starting at age 55, sounds about right. That's what you guys are getting right?