PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Firebird Formula Brakes on A 1969 Chevelle???

mjordanlmj
03-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Doing an LT1 engine and tranny swap from my 93 bird into my 69 and was wondering if I could swap the brakes from my 93 bird to the Chevelle, just the front disc and power booster and maybe the ABS system, since I have the whole car. Any body know of a site that could help with what I would need to do.

RBeckman
03-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Doing an LT1 engine and tranny swap from my 93 bird into my 69 and was wondering if I could swap the brakes from my 93 bird to the Chevelle, just the front disc and power booster and maybe the ABS system, since I have the whole car. Any body know of a site that could help with what I would need to do.

I can answer on the ABS and that would be NO, the hyd and electronic are specific to the car and putting them into a full frame heavier car would be counter productive and give you horrible unpredicted braking.

mjordanlmj
03-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Thanks Beckman... didn't think out that,,,, wonder if I can use the booster and the front brackets and calipers for the front brakes

RBeckman
03-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Thanks Beckman... didn't think out that,,,, wonder if I can use the booster and the front brackets and calipers for the front brakes

Sorry can't answer that question, I would try the Team Chevelle Forum and do a search to see what comes up. www.chevelles.com

JasonBachus68
08-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing as I have a 93 trans am donor. Want to use as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk