PDA

View Full Version : Window Felts/Sweeps?

71-SS350
01-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Recently put my '71 Chevelle 2 door hardtop in for body & paint. I know I need to replace all 8 pieces for the windows, question is? Who to purchase them from? Been looking at catalogs and on-line and there must be a bazillion differant parts vendors and outlets to buy from. Confusing to say the least as everyone says they have the BEST in the business. Looking for some real world input, want to stay as close as possible to the OEM fit and style, and something that really works for the intended purpose. I do know some of the offerings have flat stainless Which I know is wrong instead of the round stainless the General used. Help, please, LOL !!

shadowgray396
01-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Looked mine up but it doesn't say who the manufactor was. I know it was the second set I got because the rear window area was not molded on the ruber in the back. Make sure you get the set that is so the rubber will lay against the window correctly. Still needed a slight adjustment to make them fit correctly. Most vendors all sell the same brands.