PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

lev8trmn
01-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi all! Just found this sight from TC and already see some familiar names. I'm an Elevator Service Technition by trade with a great family. This is my first Chevelle and I'm doing my first restoration. (Probably my last) :D My wife is my biggest supporter and helper. She made me say that! :cool: Just kidding, she really is. Hope to put some faces to the names at Chevelleabration this year. I have reservations already and time off. I'm not sure is my car will be ready or not but the wife and I plan to go regardless. Waving

lev8trmn, "Elevatorman"
Bob

piette
01-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Welcome Bob, you'll find lots of familiar names around here and plenty of new ones as well. We're a work in progress, but we have fun

Jeff

grandsport
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Bob,good to have you here.Waving

shadowgray396
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Welcome Bob, Glad you are here.
Ray

grumpy
01-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Welcome aboard.

classic
01-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Welcome Bob! I think all of us guys here that are married understand the importance of a supportive wife and that's a good thing!:)

jnorton
01-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi, Bob. I'm also a 72 owner and I am also building an SS tribute, slightly modified. You are much much further than me, and if mine ends up looking half as good as yours I'd be a happy guy.

jnorton
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Wow, Bob. I just went back to look at your photo album. I haven't seen too many cars worse than mine was at the begining of a project, but your was one of them. I am in awe of the outcome considering what you started with. That car looked like it sat at the bottom of a river, then got moved out to the desert. Nice work, man. Very nice work. Thanks for saving one that would have rotted into the ground otherwise.

rak1
01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Bob, welcome....

rudedog67
01-26-2010, 04:27 PM
welcome from ca.

lev8trmn
01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow, Bob. I just went back to look at your photo album. I haven't seen too many cars worse than mine was at the begining of a project, but your was one of them. I am in awe of the outcome considering what you started with. That car looked like it sat at the bottom of a river, then got moved out to the desert. Nice work, man. Very nice work. Thanks for saving one that would have rotted into the ground otherwise.

Thanks for the compliment. The car was sitting in the woods for 14 years and never moved. Loaded to the gills with junk throughout. Other people have asked me, "why I started with such a disaster? Why not have started with a car in better condition?" I paid nothing for the car, just 180 bucks and 2 months to get a title through the "Mechanics Lean" process in my state. After I received a clear title and found out it was a non numbers matching vehicle, I decided to do her my way. I thought what the hell, I'm up for a challange, I always wanted to die broke, so I'm well on my way and loving every minute of it.:eek: Well almost every minute!! Yes, it is wonderful to have a supportive wife as well. Bob

lev8trmn
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Ms Grumpy
01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome Bob. Your wife is probably someone that I would get along with. Grumpy and I, are also in the process of have a restoration on our 72 Chevelle. I hope that you enjoy this site.

Nancy

lev8trmn
01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Welcome Bob. Your wife is probably someone that I would get along with. Grumpy and I, are also in the process of have a restoration on our 72 Chevelle. I hope that you enjoy this site.

Nancy

Well If you guys are heading to Chevelleabration 2010 we can formally meet. By the way I love that saying, "Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hold On" I'm trying to incorporate the saying somewhere inside the car. I want it to look classy and not stand out too much mut I want it to be noticable. :)

Jerry Briggs
01-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Welcome Elevator Bob!

mmurphy77
01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Bob! Everytime you posted on TC I would RACK my brain trying to figure out what your screen name 'lev8trmn' meant! Now it all makes sense to me once you stated your profession. VERY clever! It's like trying to decifer a vanity plate, LOL.

lev8trmn
01-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Bob! Everytime you posted on TC I would RACK my brain trying to figure out what your screen name 'lev8trmn' meant! Now it all makes sense to me once you stated your profession. VERY clever! It's like trying to decifer a vanity plate, LOL.

Well I thought I was giving the only hint that was needed in my sugnature. "I Have My Ups and Downs" :D Maybe I'll Add the word "Elevator" in front of my name over at TC. OR Maybe just let them keep guess--in!!

lev8trmn
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
So tell me, is business up or down this year?

BOTH of course AND some say my elevator doesn't always go to "The Top Floor" :eek: