PDA

View Full Version : modern day radio or resto mod radio?

SS Shaun
10-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I am trying to figure out what to do. My daughter keeps asking me for music in the car when we go out with it. I have a very good kenwood head unit already, but i dont want to cut my dash to put it in. I was thinking about mounting it under the dash somewhere. I was looking at some options and i found the retro radio but its pricey i think personally and being that i have a head unit already. So my question is where is a good mounting point to put the head unit on a 69 chevelle? does the dash have an extra bracket somewhere that i can bolt on a bracket just for now until i make something to hold it for me?

chevymaher
10-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Just stick it between the console and seat untill you figure out what you want to do.

SS Shaun
10-04-2014, 07:17 PM
so what i did was took to big pieces of Velcro and put it on the bottom of the radio and stuck it on the carpet and it never moved worked perfect :)
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n271/civiclxb16a/chevelle/20141004_194210_zpsfjigzeck.jpg

Ms Grumpy
10-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Don't waste your money on the Resto Radio. I bought one and it never worked right. My brother had an old Kenwood that he got to fit in the dash, minus the front plate and it looks good and sounds awesome. Needless to say I have the resto radio in the box in the garage.

SS Shaun
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM
yeah i am trying not to cut my dash. how did you install yours in the dash?

Ms Grumpy
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I didn't my brother did. He said it was a pain in the behind. I have different knobs on it and no face plate. But if you look at it you would never know unless you look closely. I will ask him to pop on here and see if he can give you any hints. He works all day so if he gets the message he may not be one here until Monday night.

kevinw
06-20-2019, 03:58 PM
whats the best way to replace the radio in the dash? go thru the glove box or up under the dash? my AM factory radio not working, so need to replace with something. thans

chevymaher
06-23-2019, 05:02 AM
I had to go through a little drama. But the dash is not cut looks factory.

https://i.postimg.cc/xj6y2RZ6/P_20151112_101452_LL_zpseagxluye.jpg

Just the faceplate is in the dash radio is elsewhere.

Site is smoking crack the pic is there in preview.