PDA

View Full Version : Frankenmuth 2014

RBeckman
08-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Who is going this year? I will be there Friday and Saturday and staying both nights and then leave Sunday evening for Germany and Czech Republic for 2 weeks. The only good thing about this trip is that I will be going to Automechnica which is Europe's version of SEMA so that will be interesting.

Ken Hayes
08-31-2014, 01:07 PM
We'll be going up on Saturday. Not taking the Chevelle though. We usually spend the whole day there..........guys go down into the park, women go shopping then we meet for diner and after that we sit on the wall and watch the cars on the street till around 9:30.

RBeckman
08-31-2014, 01:33 PM
We will be in the park right in front of the hotel, we will have 2 Chevelle tents up....stop in a say hello and rest.

FlintTony
08-31-2014, 03:45 PM
We are coming up, just not sure what the program will be. Been thinking about bringing a car up Friday morning, setting up a canopy, hanging out for the day, come home that night, leave the car there,then back up for the day Saturday, bring the car home Sat night. Also thinking about leaving the car home this year, just come up Sat for the day. Kinda waiting to see what the weather is going to be.

Hank70SS
09-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Ric, meet you in Fenton Friday morning? We'll be there Friday, Saturday, leave Sunday morning. Is Eric going? How about Mike and John?

RBeckman
09-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Ric, meet you in Fenton Friday morning? We'll be there Friday, Saturday, leave Sunday morning. Is Eric going? How about Mike and John?

Eric and Mike will be there, not sure about John as I have not talked to him all year.

FlintTony
09-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Think Ray will make it this year?

RBeckman
09-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Ha ha ha...Ray who? The Ray I know I have not seen in 4 years.

Hank70SS
09-03-2014, 07:16 AM

I doubt it but I'll give him a call today. There's a chance, a slim one, that he'll come up on Saturday.

Ms Grumpy
09-03-2014, 07:56 AM
I am hoping to make it up there, no guarantees. I am down a vehicle, having some work done on my van. But if I can it would be on Saturday morning. I still have to meet up with Ken to give him a couple of shirts. I probably won't be bringing the car just have some things I have to do north of Oxford and it is down some long dirt roads. Not a great place to take my car.

Hank70SS
09-03-2014, 04:56 PM
I am hoping to make it up there, no guarantees. I am down a vehicle, having some work done on my van. But if I can it would be on Saturday morning. I still have to meet up with Ken to give him a couple of shirts. I probably won't be bringing the car just have some things I have to do north of Oxford and it is down some long dirt roads. Not a great place to take my car.

Weather is supposed to be cooler but nice on Saturday. We should be in the same location, between the hotel and the river, hope to see you there.

Ms Grumpy
09-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Me too Hank. Maybe alone cause it is a lot of walking and David is a slow mover these days. lol Maybe I could talk my son into making the trip with me.

flash
09-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I want to go ,ya'll have the best shows I cant go to ,one day though .

RBeckman
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM

Ha, we are the Motor City where it all started...at least we do something right.

Ms Grumpy
09-04-2014, 08:36 PM

I sure recall seeing a really nice show when I went to Georgia a few years back. I think that there are shows all over the country that we could all wish we could go too.

FlintTony
09-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Hey, you guys back yet? We were there Sat afternoon looking for you. I left a butt in your ashtray Hank.

I was going to talk to Henry about the Nova, but changed my mind after my "used car salesman" status took a major hit when the cigarette lighter on Rics Camaro took a shit.

Maybe next year I won't be so burnt out on shows and will spend the weekend again. We shall see. It was nice not to have a major hang-over Sat morning though.

RBeckman
09-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Ha, Im back and at Detroit Metro Airport for my adventure...now I think I have a bad throw out bearing in the Camaro.....

flash
09-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Aint that Camaro still under used car warranty from that previous owner ?

RBeckman
09-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Aint that Camaro still under used car warranty from that previous owner ?

No, he offered to replace the clock with nice pocket watch...he does stand behind the sale. It has 41k on it now so it passed the 36k /40 year warranty. Got a price on a 376 LSX motor with a 5 speed while at Frankenmuth and that will on my mind for a while.

Hank70SS
09-08-2014, 09:51 AM
I was probably home when you posted Tony. But the lawn looked like it hadn't been cut in a long time, it was just cut last Wednesday so I cut the back yard. I found that butt, I'll hang on to it and get it back to you next year. Everybody was out looking at cars when you came back around. Super nice day on Saturday. Place was packed, they need to outlaw them damn golf carts, they were everywhere.

Henry just bought a house, I know he'd love to have that Nova, so would I, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the money for it. Unless of course you want handle the financing, say $100 a month for the rest of his life.

Ha, Im back and at Detroit Metro Airport for my adventure...now I think I have a bad throw out bearing in the Camaro.....

My tranny was squealing like a banshee when I took off Sunday morning. Don't think it's as simple as a throw out bearing though. Seemed like anytime the input shaft was spinning it squealed. It stopped after awhile but I'm sure it will be back. Tony, you still got an M21 laying around you want to sell?

FlintTony
09-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Hank, the squealing could also be the pilot bushing going bad. I don't have an M21, but do have a M20 that has been rebuilt. I also have an M21 that I got when I bought the Hemi. I don't know the condition, but it looks good with the door off.

Tell Henry to work some over-time.

Hank70SS
09-08-2014, 12:41 PM
I though of that Tony but it didn't squeal with the engine running and the car stopped. That's when I would think it would squeal the most. With the car moving, in gear, clutch engaged, the flywheel and input shaft are spinning together at the same speed and it squealed then. That was my thoughts, am I looking at it wrong?

Hank70SS
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM

John, Friday was miserable, hot and humid, some rain. Saturday, awesome, perfect weather and the place was packed. I can't find any info on the number of cars yet but it had to be at least 3,000. Always been a variety of classics, anything from 1978 or before, but seemed to be even more weighted towards muscle cars than in the past.

FlintTony
09-08-2014, 06:11 PM
You are thinking correct Hank.

The golf carts this year were a real pain in the ass. It has gotten way out of hand.

The number of hot rods was way down this year. Maybe just dinosaurs like me are still building them.

Look at the ratios on a 21 compared to a 20. You may want the 2.52 first gear in there. I really liked it in my Chevelle. That's the reason I bought this one, for the Nova. I'm just too lazy to swap them.

Hank70SS
09-08-2014, 07:46 PM
The problem with an M20 is 1st and 2nd are too close together. If I let the RPMs drop going into 2nd I get engine braking. I could start in 2nd or start in 1st and skip second.

I mentioned to Henry what you said about the Nova, he agreed he couldn't afford it now. He was also a little concerned about the warranty after talking to Ric this weekend.

flash
09-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Hank ,we know all too well about the heat and humidity ,its been terrible here too. I've been sweating at work even when in the air conditioned buildings .In our area we have had thunder showers everyday except today for the last 2 weeks .I cant keep my grass cut it has rained so much .

RBeckman
09-08-2014, 11:13 PM
I will be writing a email to the Frankenmuth organizers to request that they review the golf carts and keep it to just handicap people and not to who ever has one like they did this year.

FlintTony
09-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Ric, I am in contact with the head service writer at Applegate Chevrolet in regards to the lighter problem. He is going to contact the Zone Rep and see if he can get it covered under the warranty. If that fails, I will pursue a meeting with Zora Duntov to see if we can get this resolved. My sales manager is offering to send a wrecker to pick the car up for your convenience. How's that for after the sale service?

RBeckman
09-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Ric, I am in contact with the head service writer at Applegate Chevrolet in regards to the lighter problem. He is going to contact the Zone Rep and see if he can get it covered under the warranty. If that fails, I will pursue a meeting with Zora Duntov to see if we can get this resolved. My sales manager is offering to send a wrecker to pick the car up for your convenience. How's that for after the sale service?

Hate to break this to you, Zora passed away quite awhile ago and as mad as I was I don't want you to go see him...lol Do you think the throw out bearing going is related to the lighter or clock?

FlintTony
09-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Hate to break this to you, Zora passed away quite awhile ago and as mad as I was I don't want you to go see him...lol Do you think the throw out bearing going is related to the lighter or clock?

Zora is dead? Whatchootalkinbout Willis? I was hoping to see him at the Elvis concert at the Silverdome this weekend.

I think the tob is tied to both accessories, by way of a 3/8 " cable. When one goes bad, the weight of the cable tries to interface the other two, thus creating a fault at the computer box. Let me check that hypothesis out on my phone.

RBeckman
09-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Tony, I got to get me one of those their FLIP PHONES like you....where do you get them at?

FlintTony
09-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Tony, I got to get me one of those their FLIP PHONES like you....where do you get them at?

There is a "special" on them," TODAY ONLY!!!!", at "Big Tee's electronic gadget supply and used car nation".

Kathy got her one of them smart phones yesterday. You can say words at it and it makes the words into a text message!

Hank70SS
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
...Let me check that hypothesis out on my phone.

Seriously Tony? Your phone has a rotary dial.

Ken Hayes
09-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Heres Tony.....One ringy dingy.....Three ringy dingy........(shades of Lily Tomlin)

FlintTony
09-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Heres Tony.....One ringy dingy.....Three ringy dingy........(shades of Lily Tomlin)

Cracked me up! I remember when we had a party line when I was a kid. I listened to the neighbors calls all the time!

Ken Hayes
09-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Me too, it was fun as long as you didn't get caught.

Ms Grumpy
09-09-2014, 07:55 PM

I almost wish that I had one of those phones today. The new gadgets have so much stuff on them it is confusing at times. Besides who actually uses all those apps.

flash
09-09-2014, 09:11 PM
aPPS ,Dont know what all these apps are all about ,my flip phone dont know what they are either but it does know how to make a call ,sometimes when it is closed and in my pocket .

Ms Grumpy
09-10-2014, 05:52 PM
So you are one of those "Butt dialers" flash.

flash
09-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Yep ,one of them. Called one of my co workers a while back and didnt know it ,heard a voice coming from my pocket ,said to him what the hell do you want Im busy and he said you called me .I still dont know how that happened .