PDA

View Full Version : Hotchkis Suspension thoughts?

aleks81
01-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Hello,

Happy New Year to everyone!!
I would like to ear you thoughts about some changes I want to do on my Chevelle.
I'm a proud owner of a 70's SS 454 Chevelle and I'm trying to make some improvements on the car.
A few months ago I replaced the original transmission system and installed a New Tremec TKO 600, Now the car is awesome to drive it.
So, now I would like to replace the suspension system cause I really don't like the original system. The suspension is too soft and it seems like I'm on a boat some times, so I'm thinking in replace it for a sport suspension system.
I was taking a look at the Hotchkis website and they have two interesting options, also there's one kit who costs double than the other one.
Anyone know this kits or have installed it on their cars? Wich one do you recommend me? I really don't know much about suspension systems so I'll appreciate any tip or advice you give.

http://www.hotchkis.net/tvs_system_w_extreme_sway_bars_6870_gm_abody_big_b lock_.html

http://www.hotchkis.net/stage-2-tvs-system-19681970-gm-abody-big-block-.html

Have a nice day!

BillsCamino
01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
For the money, you can't beat the kits offered from either UMI or BMR.
IMO, the Hotchkis stuff is WAY over priced. If you really want to spend that much coin...the Detroit Speed stuff is much better.

shadowgray396
01-04-2014, 09:07 AM
For the money, you can't beat the kits offered from either UMI or BMR.
IMO, the Hotchkis stuff is WAY over priced. If you really want to spend that much coin...the Detroit Speed stuff is much better.

I agree with Bill

Ms Grumpy
01-04-2014, 12:22 PM
I am one of those that paid too much, I have the Hotchkis on mine. I know what you mean when you say your car rides like a boat.

I will tell you that since installing the Hotchkis and Hydroboost on the brakes....I absolutely love the handling of my car. I have some winding highway exits near me, that I used to take at a slow speed because I felt like the car was going to tip over. But I can take those exits at least 20-30 miles an hour faster with the upgraded suspension. It is firm feel, but still has a nice ride.

Have you upgraded, or considered upgrading your brakes along with the suspension ?

Ms Grumpy
01-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Thinking about it. I have a full set of Hotchkis springs in my garage right now. The front coils have been cut 1/2 of a coil and the back have not been cut. I had them on my car for about 6 months, and I felt that the front was sitting too low for me so I ordered a new set and didn't realize that I ordered the whole set. I might consider selling them, just forgot about them until this thread.