PDA

View Full Version : rear seat mounting points

SS Shaun
09-14-2013, 02:16 AM
ok guys and gals i am trying to figure out since my care was stripped down i dont have the mounting points for my rear seats. I was looking on line and i found i need these
http://www.carid.com/images/goodmark/interior/gmk4031517661.jpg

can someone do a measurement for me and tell me where they are mounted on the floor of the car please? i am going to order them and try to figure it out.
also does anything have to go in place to mount the lower seat in place? I am trying to make the rear seats as safe as i can so my daughter can enjoy her time in the car with me. I might fab up some extra strength with it and some safety loops for the car seat and 3 point harnesses back there. but i want to mount it correctly as well..lol

SS Shaun
09-14-2013, 02:20 AM
i found this picture so we can have more of a reference
http://chevelleforum.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2859&stc=1&d=1379143206

Hank70SS
09-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Shaun, once the seats are properly installed they're pretty secure. The seat back hangs on the hooks at the top of the metal trunk divider. Looking at the picture, note the 2 nuts welded into the trunk divider directly back from the hooks you're missing. 2 loops come down from the seat back and are bolted down to those nuts. The seat bottom slides in and the rear lip slides up behind the seat back. The front of the seat frame is locked into the 2 hooks. The back of the seat bottom can't come up because it's trapped under the seat back. It can't come forward because it's latched into the hooks. The seat back is secured because it's hanging on the hooks and bolted down at the bottom.

I'll see if I can get some usable measurements later.

BillsCamino
09-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd install the rear seat back, bolted in, and then set the seat bottom securely in place. The seat framing will indicate where the latches are supposed to be on the floor.

Hank70SS
09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I measured 34" center to center on the brackets. Don't think it's critical, check the center to center of the spring frame that hooks into it. 16.75" from leading edge of bracket to the trunk divider. That's shooting a tape measure under the installed seat, may not be exact. I would set the seat bottom in and see where the spring frame hangs down. Then go back around 3/4" so the frame is under tension when latched in.

Best I can do, sorry but I wasn't pulling the seats out for more accurate measurements.

SS Shaun
09-14-2013, 08:30 PM
thank you so much!! i am waiting for some of my stuff to sell on Ebay and then i am going to order ones with that money :)