PDA

View Full Version : Best body panels?

Quadracer392
08-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Who makes the best body panels? I'm getting ready to start buying all the panels I need for my car but I'm not sure which ones to go with. Has anyone used the AMD panels? They seem like they may be of a little higher quality but I'm sure. They are all made overseas aren't they? As far as fitment it seems like its the luck of the draw because I've heard complaints about aftermarket parts as well as factory parts. What have you guys had the most luck with?

carpoor
08-28-2013, 01:22 PM
If cost is no option, NOS or good used panels from a donor car. From what I see, AMD is usually a better fit and finish 99.9% of the time.

Quadracer392
08-28-2013, 08:20 PM
If I was doing a full numbers matching build or a straight show car I'd use NOS parts but the price of that stuff is outrageous. As far as quality vs cost = value, it looks goodmark or AMD seems to be the best value. My local body parts supplier sells goodmark which would be better incase it came in dented or messed up plus no shipping. I wish they sold AMD. I just wondered what everyone prefered or used

Ms Grumpy
08-28-2013, 08:36 PM
I had used parts from NPD. They were a pain, a lot of time lining them up, and returns on a couple because they were bad.

I would try to find a donor car like the guys said.

shadowgray396
08-28-2013, 11:45 PM
There are only a couple of companies that make the panels and are sold to vendors all over. Every after market panel will require some work to make them fit and the same is true for NOS parts. Quality control back in the 70's was fair at best by todays standards. I didn't have to replace any of my panels, but spent a lot of time trying to get every thing lined up. I even had to rebend the curve on my original fenders so the would match my doors. So expect to spend a lot of time making the panels fit.