PDA

View Full Version : Frankenmuth this year?

FlintTony
08-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Who's going this year?

Hank70SS
08-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Henry and I will be there, Lynda will be in LA. How about Back to the Bricks?

RBeckman
08-07-2013, 07:19 AM
I'll be at both as usual.

Hank70SS
08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
I'll be at both as usual.

Guess I better get the windows back in the Chevelle, just in case it rains.

FlintTony
08-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I'll be downtown Sat for the Bricks. I should be there real early. I don't think that I'll be doing the rolling cruise. Way too many mini-vans and idiots. Plus, my clutch leg gets pretty well used, and all my junk has pretty stiff clutches.

Still don't know for sure which car I'm taking to Frankenmuth. I think I'm registered, so mabey I put it on the form. Our canopy got ruined last year in the rain storm, so unless I go get another one, I'll be sitting in one of you guys canopy. The thing won't fit in the hot-rod anyway.

Hank70SS
08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll be downtown Sat for the Bricks. I should be there real early. I don't think that I'll be doing the rolling cruise. Way too many mini-vans and idiots. Plus, my clutch leg gets pretty well used, and all my junk has pretty stiff clutches.

Still don't know for sure which car I'm taking to Frankenmuth. I think I'm registered, so mabey I put it on the form. Our canopy got ruined last year in the rain storm, so unless I go get another one, I'll be sitting in one of you guys canopy. The thing won't fit in the hot-rod anyway.

I won't be doing the rolling cruise either but would like go up on Saturday. Hope the weather is good.

Ric and I have 10' canopies, if John comes that makes 3 so we should be good.

FlintTony
08-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Good thing I checked. I wasn't registered yet. I will be taking the 34, unless it rains. If that's the case, I'll take the Nomad.

Hank70SS
08-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Guess I better get registered.

RBeckman
08-08-2013, 10:04 AM
2785I won't be doing the rolling cruise either but would like go up on Saturday. Hope the weather is good.

Ric and I have 10' canopies, if John comes that makes 3 so we should be good.

I'm sorry the Canopies both say "Chevelle" and Tony's bringing the 34? I did not know that there is a 1934 Chevelle.

Do you want to park with us in Flint? Last year there was only one Chevelle in the whole group and it was not mine. I will be bringing the Chevelle to both this year since the damn XXXXX is not working in the Camaro yet and I don't want to be late.

Met up with Eric yesteday and went to the Tune-up party in Linden (about 200 cars) and going to Fenton's tonight. The Rolling Cruise is next week on Wed and Thursday and I plan on going if I'm in town.

scottg
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I am new to the site, is there a section for trading parts and stuff.

flash
08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Welcome Scott and yes there is a section ,its the classified section . Post up what you have or what you need.

Hank70SS
08-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry the Canopies both say "Chevelle" and Tony's bringing the 34? I did not know that there is a 1934 Chevelle.

We'll stick with the Chevelle canopies. That white canopy of Tony's was kind of tacky looking anyway.

Do you want to park with us in Flint? Last year there was only one Chevelle in the whole group and it was not mine. I will be bringing the Chevelle to both this year since the damn XXXXX is not working in the Camaro yet and I don't want to be late.

I'm bring a Chevelle, ah, that's the only old car I have. It's so old it doesn't even have a damn XXXXX!

Ms Grumpy
08-08-2013, 06:41 PM
After the success at driving to the Ohio Show I am considering doing Frankenmuth. If I do, would there be room to park with you guys ?

This is also the first year that I did not pay for a spot on Woodward for the dream cruise. I am in the Berkley Parade on Friday night and was thinking about driving up to Flint on Saturday.

I was asked many times at the Ohio show about Woodward and Flint, I also got some negative feedback about Flint, which surprised me. Of course, since I live a mile from Woodward it has always made sense just to do the Dream Cruise. What do you guys think ? Is Flint worth the hour drive on Saturday for me ?

Hank70SS
08-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Definitely room at Frankenmuth, just let us know and we'll stake out a spot for you.

Flint is not a cruise like the Dream Cruise, at least on Saturday. Downtown is blocked off and you park on Saginaw, the main street, and off the side streets. Then walk through town and look at the cars. Unlike the Dream Cruise, Flint actually wants you there and welcomes you. Didn't get the feeling that most of the cities on the Dream Cruise wanted you there the last few times I was there.

You have to ask Ric about parking. I talked to him today and spots may be limited.

Hope to see you at one or both.

FlintTony
08-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Ric, I can just drill a few holes in the roof of the 34 and put a roof rack on it. That way, I can carry my own stinkin canopy. I'll get one with a big blue oval.

The last few years, the black hood-rats have shown up in force at the Bricks. They do the typical bullshit that they are known for. This year, the show is going to end a 6PM. The organizers think that will help keep the scum from doing much damage. They are just getting out of bed about that time. The cops have set up in a big building, and will be watching for any black crowds to show up again. They hope to push them back to their own hoods. The stadium that is a few blocks from Saginaw Street is supposed to have free rap concert, hoping they will go there instead of coming downtown. It's a damn shame these people ruin everything they come in contact with.

There won't be as many volunteers this year either, so parking will be on a first come, first parked deal. They used to have sections for different groups, but it doesn't look like that will be the case this year.

There is normally so many cars they can't all be seen.

Ms Grumpy
08-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Hank I am going to see if I can still register for Frankenmuth and as soon as I do I will let you know.

Back to the Bricks, I am going to talk to grumpy and see what he thinks about coming up.

Hank70SS
08-10-2013, 06:51 AM
You can still register for Frankenmuth. Don't know your plans, just come up for one day or leave the car and come back. Pretty sure you won't find a hotel room. You can come up Friday, bring 2 cars and leave the Chevelle overnight and come back on Saturday.

RBeckman
08-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm registered for Frankenmuth with the Chevelle and have my room.

As for Flint, I still have my 10 spots on Union and Saginaw St. and have to be there before 6am to hold them.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/back_to_the_bricks_public_safe_1.html#incart_river _default

Bowtie-Bri
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM
At this point, I'm still planning on going to the Frankenmuth show. If we can get a room, we'll be doing the block party on Friday night and do a walk thru at the show on Saturday before heading home. I've always wanted to do the Bricks, but with all the bad publicity, I've been apprehensive, although, if I were to get there early like 6 or 7am, I would be ready to leave way before the hooligins start rolling in. Have to think about this....

FlintTony
08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Brian,

Don't worry too much about the idiots at the Bricks. One of my good friends is the Undershirt for Genesee County. I talked to him last weekend about the Police presence. He says that he is confident they will be able to handle anything that may arrise. They have some pretty neat plans in place, along with all of the surrounding law enforcement agencies. Come on over. Lots of rides to see, plus I want to hear that new Camaro of yours.

FlintTony
08-12-2013, 11:43 AM

As for Flint, I still have my 10 spots on Union and Saginaw St. and have to be there before 6am to hold them.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/back_to_the_bricks_public_safe_1.html#incart_river _default

Which hotel are you staying at Ric?

RBeckman
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Which hotel are you staying at Ric?

We are at the Marriot Fairfield uptown right across from the Brewery. This is the 3rd year at this location and Leslie loves it since it is in the middle of shopping.

Ms Grumpy
08-12-2013, 09:09 PM
We are at the Marriot Fairfield uptown right across from the Brewery. This is the 3rd year at this location and Leslie loves it since it is in the middle of shopping.

And you know if the woman is happy....the weekend will go well. lol

Bowtie-Bri
08-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Maybe I'll give them a call to see if they have any rooms available. ;)We are at the Marriot Fairfield uptown right across from the Brewery. This is the 3rd year at this location and Leslie loves it since it is in the middle of shopping.

Hank70SS
08-13-2013, 08:06 AM
We have our same room at the Bavarian Inn. No balcony like Tonys but it is convenient. I did register the other day so we're all set.

Tony, I think you should rent us one of those Amigos so we can cruise around the park. Stop in the middle of the road so no one can get by. Honk to make people get out of the way, basically just be a pain in the ass.

Ric, send me the info on back to the bricks.

Ms Grumpy
08-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I have to get thru this weekend and I will be talking to you guys about Frankenmuth, if you will still have me. lol Trying to see if I can get a golf cart for grumpy.

72greenbean
08-15-2013, 08:26 PM
My dad and I have been going for a few years and this is the first time we're Taking our cars. He has a 65 coronet 440, bout a 5 hour ride so we're crossing our fingers all goes well.

Bowtie-Bri
08-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Hey Ric,
If I decide to go to the Bricks, do I need to be there by 6am as well?
I'll let you know Friday night if I'm going or not.
I would need some additional info as to where to go so I know what to program into the Garmin.
Thanks!

FlintTony
08-16-2013, 04:21 AM
My dad and I have been going for a few years and this is the first time we're Taking our cars. He has a 65 coronet 440, bout a 5 hour ride so we're crossing our fingers all goes well.

Hope the trip goes well. See you there!

Bowtie-Bri
08-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Got a call from the Bavarian Inn yesterday. Apparently theres been a few cancellations. They offered us a choice of 3 different rooms. One was the street view (parking lot) which is what we had before. Second choice was a river view w/a balcony, and third was with a whirl pool Jacuzzi which was the most expensive. We took the middle of the road, (river view) for one night.
So, it looks like we'll be going to Frankenmuth!! Waving See you there on Friday Sept.6 !! :D

FlintTony
08-25-2013, 06:09 PM
All right Brian!

RBeckman
08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Good job Brian...see you there.

Hank70SS
08-26-2013, 07:34 AM
See you there Brian.

Ric, anybody else coming? Eric said he was, Mike, John? Should I bring the grill? Lynda won't be there so no pasta salad or home made cookies but I can bring other things.

I'll have to call Ray, see if he's coming at least for Saturday, probably not. My neighbor Darrel is coming up for the day on Friday but he's not bringing his Chevelle.

FlintTony
08-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I called Ray last week and left him a message. I'll be dipped in shit, he called me back! He is going to come up Sat, minus his car. Said he would hang out and shoot the shit. I don't know about the grill. If you do, I'll bring a couple packages of Kogels viennas and some buns. I am limited for space in the Hot Rod.

Ms Grumpy
08-26-2013, 07:20 PM
This past weekend I was in Chicago at one of the National events for Remote Control Race Cars. It is amazing how fast these things go. Anyway, one of grumpy's buddies is going to be racing his Camaro near Grand Rapids and we want to go. But that is also Frankenmuth, so I am torn. I am thinking that if we do Frankenmuth, it will be minus the car. We will do the track on Saturday and Frankenmuth on Sunday.

Still figuring out plans. But I am really going to try to fit everything in.

flash
08-26-2013, 07:36 PM
I wish we could be there ,Im guessing the last show of the year for us will be the Carolina Chevelle Show .Ya'll have fun.

Hank70SS
08-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Tony, I'll see what I can fit in the Chevelle, Henry may have to bring his truck too. If so I can bring another cooler with some burgers if you guys want them.

Nancy, it's kind of a waste to drive up on Sunday. Most people are packing up and heading home Sunday morning. Some hang around until the afternoon but the majority are long gone.

Hank70SS
08-27-2013, 08:14 AM
I called Ray last week and left him a message. I'll be dipped in shit, he called me back!

He called you back! You must be somebody special or you owe him money. J/K Saw Ray for a minutes Sunday, he needed to use my welder. I've seen hm more in the last few weeks than I have all year.

RBeckman
08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
He called you back! You must be somebody special or you owe him money. J/K Saw Ray for a minutes Sunday, he needed to use my welder. I've seen hm more in the last few weeks than I have all year.

Wait, you have a welder? How good are you? Chevelle needs welded.

Hank70SS
08-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Wait, you have a welder? How good are you? Chevelle needs welded.

Not very good but you're welcome to borrow it. Is it something that will show? I only have the flux wire, no gas so the welds aren't as smooth and purty. You need the gas for doing sheet metal and to get a nice smooth weld. I have welded a few things so if looks aren't critical let me know, we can take care of it.

Ms Grumpy
08-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Nancy, it's kind of a waste to drive up on Sunday. Most people are packing up and heading home Sunday morning. Some hang around until the afternoon but the majority are long gone.

What about Friday ?

FlintTony
08-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Nancy, The big street party is Friday night. There will be hundreds, if not a couple thousand cars on main street and the side streets. They close down main street at arond 5, then the cars fill it up. It goes till 10 or so, then they let the cars cruise up an down main. There will be plenty of cars in the show field too. Main street has food vendors, lots of different types of live bands, and a drunk Tony on it. Lots and lots of people. Sometimes it's too damn crowded, so I find a spot to sit a spell.

RBeckman
08-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Not very good but you're welcome to borrow it. Is it something that will show? I only have the flux wire, no gas so the welds aren't as smooth and purty. You need the gas for doing sheet metal and to get a nice smooth weld. I have welded a few things so if looks aren't critical let me know, we can take care of it.

It's on the frame rail were the stabilizer bar bolt (the uclamp) goes, it was stripped missing when I got the car so I put in a oversize bolt in it and it looks like shit. Not sure what to do to it, weld a plate or fill in the hole some and tap.

Nancy, The big street party is Friday night. There will be hundreds, if not a couple thousand cars on main street and the side streets. They close down main street at arond 5, then the cars fill it up. It goes till 10 or so, then they let the cars cruise up an down main. There will be plenty of cars in the show field too. Main street has food vendors, lots of different types of live bands, and a drunk Tony on it. Lots and lots of people. Sometimes it's too damn crowded, so I find a spot to sit a spell.

To me Friday is the best day and night as well and there beer every where and something for everyone. Glad my hotel is right on main street. I can't wait.

Bowtie-Bri
08-27-2013, 11:18 PM
I have to say the Friday night block party is one of the highlights of the whole weekend!
There's so many cool cars that come just for the block party that you won't see at the show. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Waving

Hank70SS
08-28-2013, 07:49 AM
I agree the big block party is something to see. If you can make Friday, great. Saturday is also good because the park fills up with cars on Saturday so either day would be good. Sunday, half the cars are gone by 9 am.

Hank70SS
08-28-2013, 09:11 AM
It's on the frame rail were the stabilizer bar bolt (the uclamp) goes, it was stripped missing when I got the car so I put in a oversize bolt in it and it looks like shit. Not sure what to do to it, weld a plate or fill in the hole some and tap.

If you could get to the back side I would weld a plate, but you can't. Should be able to build up the hole with weld enough to tap it. Frames are thick enough that hopefully it doesn't melt back and make the hole bigger. May be able to drill the hole bigger and slide a plate or washer inside and weld it. Hard to get it in the right position but there are enough holes in the frame that we should be able to do it.

Hey, I think one of mine is stripped too. Pretty sure I got a nut up inside the frame and was able to bolt it down.

Ms Grumpy
08-30-2013, 08:34 PM
So I was in Mt. Pleasant today and it was raining really, really hard. Then driving down I-75 and people were pulling over to the side because you couldn't see. So I figured you guys got soaked. I hope that the rain missed the Friday night events. We are trying to get up there Saturday, the kids keep coming up with last minute things they need for school. They are driving me nuts.

RBeckman
08-30-2013, 10:02 PM
So I was in Mt. Pleasant today and it was raining really, really hard. Then driving down I-75 and people were pulling over to the side because you couldn't see. So I figured you guys got soaked. I hope that the rain missed the Friday night events. We are trying to get up there Saturday, the kids keep coming up with last minute things they need for school. They are driving me nuts.

If you are talking about Frankenmuth Autofest it is next weekend.

FlintTony
08-31-2013, 04:09 AM
If you are talking about Frankenmuth Autofest it is next weekend.

I hope she sees this before they head out today! The extended weather says next weekend is going to be perfect.

RBeckman
08-31-2013, 07:25 AM
I hope she sees this before they head out today! The extended weather says next weekend is going to be perfect.

Even if they don't, Frankenmuth is always a good place to go for the day.

RBeckman
09-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Hank, do you want to meet again at McDondalds on Owen Rd in Fenton for the trip up to Frankenmuth. I'll get a hold of Eric and image he will join us for the trip up. I try to see if John is going well. I'm sure Mike is going as well and will see if he wants to meet us around Grand Blanc.

Tony, what time you going to be up there hold us a spot in line?

Anyone else going? Mas we need to know so we can work our magic on holding spots.

I'll bring tent, table and what ever food we need. Also have a folding hammock for the old guys that need to take their afternoon restie.

FlintTony
09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I call DIBS on the hammock!!!!....You guys will most likely be there before me. We have to wait for Andrea to get here from lansing before we leave. She is going to watch all the animals for us so we don't have to come back a couple of times during the weekend. Besides, I aint waiting in no stinkin line again.

Bowtie-Bri
09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Carol was talking about bringing some sort of desert for Sat. if you guys don't mind us joining you for lunch.

FlintTony
09-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Carol was talking about bringing some sort of desert for Sat. if you guys don't mind us joining you for lunch.

Pretty sure i speak for all of us Brian. Hell yes you can join us! Desert would be just a bonus.

RBeckman
09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Besides, I aint waiting in no stinkin line again.

I agree, I'll just have Hank stop and pick up the tent (I'll leave it by the garage) and then I can sleepin and not wait in line and by the time I get there the tents will put up and all the chairs will be lined up ready for guests.....thanks Hank, your a hell of a guy.

FlintTony
09-03-2013, 04:29 AM
They do need to change the way they let us in the Park. The people that are pre-registered should be able to just drive in, park, then anytime during the week-end go get the goodie bag. They could email a pass along with the confirmation.
I may just shoot on up early and have Kathy drive up when Andrea gets here. If I do, I can save a couple of spots with my chairs. Go ahead and sleep in Ric. I'll call you when it's time to wake up.

Hank70SS
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Ric, we'll meet you in Fenton. Asked Eric about meeting there at Back to the Bricks, seemed like he was good with that. Our neighbor Darrel is coming up Friday, he said he would bring some polish dogs for the grill, they're good. I'll see what kind of burgers we have in the fridge when I get home. We don't get home until tomorrow evening so only have Thursday to cut the grass, clean up the Chevelle and pack our stuff so it'll be a busy day.

See you guys Friday morning.

RBeckman
09-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Gates open at 8:00 to let us in. Do you want to meet at 6:30 in Fenton for the 1 hour drive?

I talked to John and he is not going this year as he will be with his Grandchildren out on the boat. He also went back to work at GM after he retired from GM so that is why he is not coming up on Friday.

Hank70SS
09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Gates open at 8:00 to let us in. Do you want to meet at 6:30 in Fenton for the 1 hour drive?

I talked to John and he is not going this year as he will be with his Grandchildren out on the boat. He also went back to work at GM after he retired from GM so that is why he is not coming up on Friday.

Okay. and some more stuff because okay is too short of a message.

RBeckman
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
I can pick up buns, silverware and condiments for the lunch and have Eric get chips and stuff like that if that works. I'll call you tomorrow on my home from work

Bowtie-Bri
09-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Is this lunch for Saturday? If so, what time were you thinking so Carol and I can plan on partaking with ya'll. Thanks! :banana:

I can pick up buns, silverware and condiments for the lunch and have Eric get chips and stuff like that if that works. I'll call you tomorrow on my home from work

FlintTony
09-05-2013, 04:14 AM
I'll bring up some Kogels Viennas and buns. A couple dozen is what I'm thinking. Brian, we cook a couple of different times, so I can't say what time. Maybe Hank or Ric can. I picked up another canopy that will fit in the Sedan, so I don't have to hog space from you guys. Paper plates too?

Hank70SS
09-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Is this lunch for Saturday? If so, what time were you thinking so Carol and I can plan on partaking with ya'll. Thanks! :banana:
Like Tony said, no special time. Just when people are hanging around looking hungry.

Hank70SS
09-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll bring up some Kogels Viennas and buns. A couple dozen is what I'm thinking. Brian, we cook a couple of different times, so I can't say what time. Maybe Hank or Ric can. I picked up another canopy that will fit in the Sedan, so I don't have to hog space from you guys. Paper plates too?

I'll bring some paper plates and napkins. Ric, you said you'll bring mustard, ketchup, etc, right?

Now all we have to do is hope the grill fits in the trunk of the Chevelle.

RBeckman
09-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Tony, just make sure you Walmart Chinesse made canopy does not clash with the Chevelle Canopy's (that we had imported from India made with child labor), like the one you had last year that "accidently :D" got destroyed in the freak wind gust. I'm just glad the Bavarain Inn deleted all the video footage from last year or Hank would be in trouble for "the wind gust".

I'll bring the paper plates, I have some real special "Justin Beiber" designer paper plates that I know you will all enjoy. I have napkins and plates left from Haley's open house from last year. I also have some buns that I found in the trunk of the Camaro yesterday that we never used last year that I will bring...they are a little green but i'm sure they are ok.

FlintTony
09-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Walmart? You bumped your head. I won't set foot in that store. This is actually a piece of shit that was made in "Mainland China". I LOOKED THE INTERNET FOR AN AMERICAN MADE ONE. I actually found some, but none that will fit in the hot-rod. Next one I buy will be American made. I'll sell you this one after the week-end. Cheap!
Don't scrape that green off. It adds flavor.

Hank, that grill has wheels doesn't it? Hook a rope on it and pull it up there.

Hank70SS
09-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Walmart? You bumped your head. I won't set foot in that store. This is actually a piece of shit that was made in "Mainland China". I LOOKED THE INTERNET FOR AN AMERICAN MADE ONE. I actually found some, but none that will fit in the hot-rod. Next one I buy will be American made. I'll sell you this one after the week-end. Cheap!
Don't scrape that green off. It adds flavor.

Hank, that grill has wheels doesn't it? Hook a rope on it and pull it up there.

Hell yes bring them buns Ric. We can always through them on the grill and toast up any of the green stuff, we'll call them seasoned 'artisan buns'. I won' bring my cheap paper plates if Ric has designer ones, we'll dine in eloquence. Champagne anyone?

The grill will fit. No spare but who needs them?

Anybody have any of the short, fat 16.4 oz propane cylinders bring them. I thought I had more but I guess Henry used them up. Even the skinny ones for a propane torch. I probably have enough but don't want to run out, can't bring the 20lb tank in the Chevelle, unless I leave Henry or the beer home and the beer is coming.

Hank70SS
09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Tony, just make sure you Walmart Chinesse made canopy does not clash with the Chevelle Canopy's (that we had imported from India made with child labor)...

Mine was made in India. You got the cheap one Ric after they offshored it to Pakistan.

RBeckman
09-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Mine was made in India. You got the cheap one Ric after they offshored it to Pakistan.

Yeah but they spelled Chevelle wrong on yours, just like my piece of crap Chevelle chairs that I had to throw away up there a couple of years ago.

Ms Grumpy
09-05-2013, 08:15 PM
LOL... I love you two..

Bowtie-Bri
09-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Got any Grey Poupon ?

Hell yes bring them buns Ric. We can always through them on the grill and toast up any of the green stuff, we'll call them seasoned 'artisan buns'. I won' bring my cheap paper plates if Ric has designer ones, we'll dine in eloquence. Champagne anyone?
The grill will fit. No spare but who needs them?

Anybody have any of the short, fat 16.4 oz propane cylinders bring them. I thought I had more but I guess Henry used them up. Even the skinny ones for a propane torch. I probably have enough but don't want to run out, can't bring the 20lb tank in the Chevelle, unless I leave Henry or the beer home and the beer is coming.

FlintTony
09-06-2013, 04:50 AM
Hank, I don't have any propane, but I can stop at the hardware and grab one if you think we'll need it. Loading junk up, see you in a while.

Bowtie-Bri
09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Are you guys bringing any extra chairs, or would it be best for us to bring our own? We're alittle tight for space with all the stuff Carol wants to bring.

FlintTony
09-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm not bringing extra chairs Brian. I'm already crowded in the car. I have a small stool that I'm bringing as an extra.

Bowtie-Bri
09-06-2013, 07:51 AM
That's ok Tony. With some creative packing, I was able to get a couple chairs in the trunk. Getting ready to hit the road in a few minutes. See ya soon!

RBeckman
09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
We are all here and having a great time for you guys that care....good friends, good food, good weather and cold beer what else we could ask for. Oh yeah Hank burned the hot dogs and we will see what he does to the Hamburgs tomorrow.

flash
09-06-2013, 08:04 PM
A little burn on hot dogs sounds pretty good ,wish we could be there .I have the pleasure(cant believe I actually typed that) of being at our university's first home Football game tomorrow .I tried every way possible to get out of it ,I hate sports ,but Im required to work ,not much of a weekend for me .This little town of a few hundred residents other than our students are expecting several thousand people tomorrow for the game ,traffic will be a mess here .I cant wait ...............................for it to be over .Ya'll have fun .

Ms Grumpy
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
We are all here and having a great time for you guys that care....good friends, good food, good weather and cold beer what else we could ask for. Oh yeah Hank burned the hot dogs and we will see what he does to the Hamburgs tomorrow.

I really do care. I just can't seem to find anytime to get my car out. Everytime I try to make plans something comes up. Ughh....

Have fun guys, I am really, really jealous !!

Where are the pics ??????

Hank70SS
09-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Great time as always. Good group of people to hang out with, couple of nice cars to look at too. Actually a couple of thousand cars, can't even see all of them. Based on previous years I would say close to 3,000.

BTW, the hamburgers were perfect. I got tired of watching the hotdogs, I wanted to sit down and eat too. Next year Ric can do the honors of cooking. Don't know how it became my job just because I brought the grill. Any more bitchin and I won't bring it next year!

Hank70SS
09-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Tony, I lost your address, can you send it to me? I got one of your empty beer cans. I can send you a check or do you prefer cash?

Oh, Ric has your 'stakes' for the canopy.

Bowtie-Bri
09-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys and gals for letting Carol and I join your group even though we weren't able to have our car in the show. Awesome job on the hamburg's Hank!
Maybe when I get hungry for one in a day or two, you can grille one up and send it through the mail to me. I'll take one with cheese, lettuce, and tomato, with a pickle on the side. :D

FlintTony
09-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Hank, all you had to do was tell me to cook my own fkn hot-dogs and I would have. I left a pile of cans I thought. Maybe Kathy picked them all up. She's a clean freak.

Brian, that desert that Carol made was killer. Tell her thanks for me.

Ric, you can have those ju-jitsu stakes if you want em.

We had a good time again with you guys. Someone should have warned me about consuming too much alcohol though.

I'm thinking this was our last year for spending the whole week-end there.

Did you guys go look at that black 70 Chevelle that was rusted all to hell? The guy that bought it said he was told it was rust free. Looked like a flood car to me.

Sent from my new-fangled machine that puts words through the air.

72greenbean
09-10-2013, 02:23 AM
What a great time this weekend my dad and I made the trip with the cars with no problems. What a turnout I haven't seen that many people on one street since ohio state vs michigan 2004 in Columbus (of course OSU won!) I was surprised I only saw two other chevelles that weren't a ss so my malibu must be rare! Ha ha what beautiful cars I was like a kid in a candy store getting my list together for when I hit the lottery!

Hank70SS
09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Hank, all you had to do was tell me to cook my own fkn hot-dogs and I would have....

Ric's giving me a hard time so I get to give it back

Someone should have warned me about consuming too much alcohol though...

I thought that subject came up.

I'm thinking this was our last year for spending the whole week-end there.

What? It won't be the same, always have a great time with you guys.

Hank70SS
09-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Ric, there is a card in the goodie bag from Turnone, they do steering gear if your interested. Also check the AGR boxes at Summit. Give me a call and we'll see what we can do with your sway bar issue.

For those that go to AutoValue there's a $10 off coupon in the there too and another inside the Autofest paper/magazine. AutoValue is the closest parts store to my house so I go there alot. Plus they have catalogs and older guys that are actually willing to look through them.

RBeckman
09-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Damn, I threw away all my stuff from the goodies bags (I had 3 years worth of it in the Chevelle). Keep it in the Chevelle and maybe I can get it from you at Baker's.

Hey, I ate the hot dogs didn't I? Hamburgs were perfect.

There was Alcohol there? and I hope you change your mind about staying all weekend...It won't be the same without you and I look forward to it every year. Actually, I stayed till about 2:00 on Sunday and there were still a lot of cars there.

Brian, glad you and Carol could make it up, the couple times I walked past the Camaro uptown there was a lot of people looking at it...it was a hit.

72Green, you should have stopped by, we did have a 69 Malibu with us that was not a SS, it was Yellow with ghost flames....

Hank70SS
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Damn, I threw away all my stuff from the goodies bags (I had 3 years worth of it in the Chevelle). Keep it in the Chevelle and maybe I can get it from you at Baker's.

Not much on the card, says they do steering gear, pumps, racks, etc. Website is www.turnone-steering.com (http://www.turnone-steering.com)

There was Alcohol there? and I hope you change your mind about staying all weekend...It won't be the same without you and I look forward to it every year.

Ditto, we always have a great time there, wouldn't be the same without Tony and Kathy. I'll have to talk to Kathy about this situation. Maybe I'll have Lynda talk to her.

Brian, glad you and Carol could make it up, the couple times I walked past the Camaro uptown there was a lot of people looking at it...it was a hit.

Glad you were able to get into BI. It was good seeing both of you. Hope you can come to Back to the Bricks or Frankenmuth or both next year.

72Green, you should have stopped by, we did have a 69 Malibu with us that was not a SS, it was Yellow with ghost flames....

If you make it next year you have to stop by. You can join us if you'd like you're more than welcome but at least stop by and say hello. We're always next to the Bavarian Inn, inbetween the inn and the river. Just look for 2 black Chevelle canopies. Glad you enjoyed it, you'd like Back to the Bricks too if you can swing that trip up here. It's like the Friday night Big Block Party in Frankenmuth except it runs all day.

Bowtie-Bri
09-17-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm surprised no one posted any pictures.
I only have a few to share.

Bowtie-Bri
09-17-2013, 11:20 PM
A couple more....... Waving

RBeckman
09-18-2013, 10:14 AM

Damn, Tony looks pissed, it must have been the burned hot dogs settling in.

Here are some pics I have...with a added bonus for you Ohio guys.

Bowtie-Bri
09-18-2013, 12:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing Ric. I hope it was the hot dogs and not because I sat next to him. :D

FlintTony
09-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Nah, not pissed at all. Hey come on, I can't be Mr. Happy go lucky 24/7.

If I ever get the pictures that I took with my 1977 model 35mm camera developed, I will send them through the air and get them on a computer.

Ms Grumpy
09-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I would love to see some pics posted here, from Frankenmuth.

Hank70SS
09-18-2013, 06:06 PM

That first one is kind of scary!

I spit beer all over my tablet on that last one. Good thing it wasn't my laptop, would have ruined the keyboard.

If I ever get the pictures that I took with my 1977 model 35mm camera developed, I will send them through the air and get them on a computer.

Through the air? Like those new fangled phones that send words through the air? Amazing! What will they think of next?

Bowtie-Bri
09-18-2013, 11:20 PM
That's what I figured Tony. I'm sure you were smiling ear to ear on the inside! :D