PDA

View Full Version : valve adjustments

SS Shaun
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
ok ladies and gents i got my 454 running but i was told that that i need to have my valves adjusted because i had some back fire in my carb. now i looked it up online and a few friends told me that it needs to be
24 on the intake and 28 on the exhaust.
but then i had a few friend told me that it needs to be 1/2 turn pass zero lash. which one do i listen to?
its a hydro flat tappet lifter and cam setup i am a little confused as to what to do

FlintTony
04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
When you say "hydro", I assume you are saying "hydraulic" ? If it is a solid, then you need clearance. If it is a hydraulic, you take all of the up and down play out of it, then usually it is approx one half turn past this point. You want to preload the lifter.

BillsCamino
04-10-2013, 07:16 AM
When you say "hydro", I assume you are saying "hydraulic" ? If it is a solid, then you need clearance. If it is a hydraulic, you take all of the up and down play out of it, then usually it is approx one half turn past this point. You want to preload the lifter.

Correct. Bowtie smiley

SS Shaun
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
yes hydro=hydraulic ok so i have to take the valve covers off again...lol thanks for the help guys!