PDA

View Full Version : Window regulator

Wilkyinnh
11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
I have a 1966 Chevelle 4 door no post Hardtop and in need of either some good advice or a new part. I'm now wondering if the window regulators are different in a 2 door coupe compared to my hardtop. I ordered and recieved from Ecklers a new passenger side window regulator and it is the wrong part. I called Ecklers in reference to this only to be told that because it was an "internet" order that I got what I ordered. In the description it doesn't state if it's a 2 door or 4 door. Is there a different one that someone makes because all the ones I'm finding are the same as the one I recieved?

BillsCamino
11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Window regulator for a 4dr hardtop "Sports Sedan" is model specific. Needs to be obtained from a '66 or '67 4dr hardtop donor car...not available aftermarket.

shadowgray396
11-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I always call on parts rather then take a chance over the internet.

Wilkyinnh
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys, kinda figured that one out after talking with the people at the parts house. Did manage to take the old one out and replace the roolers and cleaned it up nicely, working like a champ now. What do people use where the widow attaches to the channel in the regualtor though?