PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Bricks 2012

RBeckman
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone need spots at Back to the Bricks? I have 4 spots left and not one Chevelle, I guess I'm going to have to change the name of the club to hold the spots. http://www.backtothebricks.org/

Cars that are going to be there.
72 Camaro
52 Henry J
32 Coupe
56 Ford
69 Firebird
72 Rivera

Tony, I know you get to park with the big boys but I know I'll see you up there.

Hank / Ray... are you guys still alive out there?

FlintTony
08-01-2012, 04:49 AM
I talked to Hank the other day. He will be in California that weekend. I haven't heard from Ray. I left him a message a few months back. He didn't return my call, so F him. I'll be going to the tune-up parties. Are you going to any of them?

Hank70SS
08-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Like Tony said , we'll be in CA. It's the only time Susan has no classes and 2 Mondays in a row off. She still has another year of school with no real time off.

On the plus side, the BI did hold my reservation for Autofest so we'll definitely be there.

Ms Grumpy
08-01-2012, 08:06 AM
I am seriously thinking about it Ric.

RBeckman
08-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I talked to Hank the other day. He will be in California that weekend. I haven't heard from Ray. I left him a message a few months back. He didn't return my call, so F him. I'll be going to the tune-up parties. Are you going to any of them?

Tony, I will be going to the Tune up parties, I will be up north for the rolling cruise the week before returning on Friday mid-day. I also volunteered to help on Saturday for the big show.

Like Tony said , we'll be in CA.

On the plus side, the BI did hold my reservation for Autofest so we'll definitely be there.

It will be good to see you up there again Hank, if we decide we need another tent besides yours and Tony's maybe you can stop at my house to pick mine up. That car Tony sold me is not big enough to put my Chevelle tent in without sticking out the window. we got a room up town at the Marriott now so that is fun and Leslie is happy which makes me happy.

I am seriously thinking about it Ric.

Ms Grumpy, let us know what you are doing. The tune up parties are real fun, as I went to two them last year and planning on going to all of them this year, they start week of Aug 6.

FlintTony
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Ric...We can put the ladder rack that I have for my van on that Camaro. All we should have to do is drill 6-8 holes in the roof, put some big ass bolts in it, and were done. You could even carry the grill on the roof then. I have some tools we can use too. The one's from my old erector set should work just dandy.

Come on up if you get the chance Mrs. Should be a billion cars here!

Hank70SS
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Ric...We can put the ladder rack that I have for my van on that Camaro. All we should have to do is drill 6-8 holes in the roof, put some big ass bolts in it, and were done. You could even carry the grill on the roof then. I have some tools we can use too. The one's from my old erector set should work just dandy.

Come on up if you get the chance Mrs. Should be a billion cars here!

I'm thinking some good size carriage bolts should do the trick, don't want that sucker flying off on the freeway. Maybe a few tack welds just to be sure. Stop by, I'll weld her up with some gorilla welds, that's what my cousin calls them. Ugly as a gorilla but just as strong. Carrying the grill would be good, Henry doesn't have a pickup to haul the grill and tank up to Frankenmuth anymore. Looking forward to Autofest and seeing everyone again and of course the cars.

Nancy, go to Back to the Bricks, I think you'll really enjoy it, even if Tony and Ric are there too.:butt1:

FlintTony
08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Who is Eric, smart ass.

RBeckman
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I bought a 3/4 chain with a chain clamb like the truckers use, as for the BBQ if it's got wheels a can rig something up to tow it..as long as Hank follows me.

I just got the Chevelle running tonight and damn it is fun driving with over twice the horse power as the Camaro.

Hank70SS
08-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Who is Eric, smart ass.

Don't tell me your fat fingers never hit the wrong key! Typing on a tablet is not like a real keyboard, I screw up a lot.

Hank70SS
08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I bought a 3/4 chain with a chain clamb like the truckers use, as for the BBQ if it's got wheels a can rig something up to tow it..as long as Hank follows me.

I just got the Chevelle running tonight and damn it is fun driving with over twice the horse power as the Camaro.

What have you been doing to the Chevelle?

RBeckman
08-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Just a lot of tinkering, cleaning and fixing sins of the past. The biggest pain in the ass was the antenna, i would rather pull the motor instead of changing the antenna.....I have a nice scratch on the fender where the Dremel tool got away from me when I had to increase the hole size....it is right next to the scratch where Leslie helped me put the hood back on a couple years ago and dropped it.

You are right it is a pain in the ass typing on the tablet, but to me it is worth it.

Hank70SS
08-03-2012, 05:38 PM
You are right it is a pain in the ass typing on the tablet, but to me it is worth it.

Not is bad as a smart phone, I don't even try that. That's for making phone calls and some occasional garbled text messages. The tablet is kinda cool, lot's of free apps. Us retired guys have plenty of time to play, I wish. I have been so busy I don't know how I managed when I had a job too.

Hey, next time you need to put on a hood, let me know. I'm not too far away and would be glad to help.