Flat tappet cam
Adaptor plate for the t56
Unknow adjustments for the rockers
Cam can go bad at any time
Needs Zinc in the oil

LQ4
Oil pan issue (low clearance)
Mounting brackets

help me out with building my list be honest!!

carpoor
07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Unknow adjustments for the rockers

Why do you have this listed as a con? Adjusting rockers is cake.

As for a pro - cheap power to be had from the 454. LS engines are great, but they look a little lost in the engine bay. Are you building it to race? Or more of a cruiser? IMHO - you can't go wrong with either one.

I made those statements having had both. In the end, you have to please yourself.

SS Shaun
07-18-2012, 11:41 AM
run around town go see family type of car this car will pretty much never see the race track

Bullcrappy
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
First 454 is just cool and belongs in a Chevelle. The LQ4 with coil packs and all? Coils are not a pro. UGLY IMO.

That 6.0 liter is not going to make more HP then that 7.4 if you do it right. Forget solid tappet unless its an all out race motor. and you don't need the zinc then. And cam does not go bad at any time of adjusted and lept in adjustment.

You can put aluminum heads on the 454 and control timing, hell do fuel injection if you reallly feel the need. i wouldn't but that's me.

i think judging by the way you wrote the list you might have your mind made up... ??

i want a 396 or 454 so i may be bias

rs

SS Shaun
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
i have not made up my mind about the motor but i think i am making up my mind about selling the whole thing both motors and the car

Bullcrappy
07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
why? you have done a lot... just losing interest?

i have not made up my mind about the motor but i think i am making up my mind about selling the whole thing both motors and the car

SS Shaun
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
loosing interest due to lack of knowledge and no real guidance..lol