PDA

View Full Version : need some more help

69tobe
07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
so i have finally made enough money to buy some big parts for my 69'. I have not done all most anything to my car in to long becuase of my lack of money, but i would like to know where to start with the restoration, i have an engien block that i could build, i need to work on my body, suspension, ect.. i just dont know where to start!!! pls help thanks :)

Bullcrappy
07-03-2012, 09:20 PM
If it were me i would do things first that it can still be driven for the summer...1 or 2 day projects. do the bigger stuff on the off season... or keep for last...

my .02 cents
Bull

shadowgray396
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Start from the bottom up, suspension, brakes first.

Kaboo
07-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Are you restoring or making a driver? Big difference.

I'm making a driver. I cleaned up the engine compartment and put the motor in. Working on the exhaust now. Next I am putting on all new brakes, calipers and any lines that need it. Wheels and tires are after that. Drive it for the summer. This winter, new quarters, cage, rear end and interior. Drive it next summer. Following winter, paint and whatever else comes up.

On the other hand I have a Model A in the works. It is at media blast now, frame and body. I'm doing a complete build on that one. Every part on the car will be stripped and painted or chromed.

It all depends on your wants and pockets.

johan10
10-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Need some more HELP! We have decided to use Huck as the middle name for our possible son. We also plan on calling him Huck. But now we ...

earthquake68
10-05-2012, 06:59 AM
As far as the car goes, I agree with Ray. Suspension and brakes first.

As far as your son goes, ....what was the question?