PDA

View Full Version : Question about hood closure with different carb and manifold

JanS
06-11-2012, 05:02 AM
The back of my hood is shimmed up a bit since the clearance has changed with the new manifold and carb. setup. It isn't much but I'd like to have the hood flush and to be able to use the rubber air cleaner gasket again for the cowl induction hood. Does anyone make a drop base cleaner bottom to use with the rest of the cleaner parts? Thanks!
Jan 71 454 SS

fleming23
06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
What I did was take both a drop base air cleaner as well as the ring that would normally sit on top of the factory cowl induction snorkel base. I trimmed the drop base and then tacked the top ring, flipped upside down, together which gave me essentially a truly sealed cowl induction (no hot air from the snorkel).

It is one of those things that looks almost factory but makes a lot of Chevelle people do a double take. I could not close my hood and use the cowl cleaner so this was my next best option.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/efleming_23/Chevellabration%202012/DSC_2732.jpg?t=1339355131