PDA

View Full Version : Fan Clutch question.

Ms Grumpy
05-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I am having air conditioning installed in my car this week. My question is..Should I replace the fan clutch ? I know that we did not replace it when we put the new motor in a couple of years ago, and since then I haven't had a problem with the the car running hot. It actually was running cooler than it ever had, usually around 180. Another option that I might consider is an electric fans. Anyone have any suggestions ?

shadowgray396
05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
You can have it checked to see if it's working correctly at most automotive shops. So if you car is headed there have them check it. Also what fan shroud do you have on your car? The non AC shroud doesn't cover the entire radiator where the AC one does. Electric fans are an option Sounds what you have on there is working great for you.

Bowtie-Bri
05-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Do you know if your fan clutch is the heavy duty one? there are 3 different ones to pick from, standard, heavy duty, and severe duty used on trucks.
My car has factory ac and has a heavy duty fan clutch. Just one more thing to check out.:)

Hank70SS
05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Being unemployed at the moment, I'd see how things go with the new AC. Yours may be fine, if not it only takes a few minutes to replace it.

Ms Grumpy
05-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Almost positive that the shroud is stock and non A/C, it does not cover the radiator. The radiator is new, we put in the heavy duty one with the 3 rows. And it is not aluminum.