PDA

View Full Version : Mega shifter with stock console help

plutopjf
05-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I have 1972 Chevelle with buckets and a stock console and shifter. I would really like to install and B&M Mega Shifter in the console. Has anyone done this and how did it come out? I would like to see some pics if you have some. I am afraid it would look like crap. Please prove me wrong.
Thank you,
PF

jays 1971
05-17-2012, 07:21 AM
I've done it with a B&M Hammer. I only had the console part but no top plates when I got it so I just made my own out of stainless steel. I did it with basic tools like an angle grinder, drill and files. Hope this gives you an idea.

plutopjf
05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
That doesn't look bad. I kinda like it. Thank you for the pics.

jays 1971
05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
I glad I could be helpful. I actually have everything apart now so I'll try to get a picture of the shifter plate without the boot in place if that would be helpful. One thing I can say is to put something between the console and plates to protect the console from scratches while your fitting the plates. I just used some #10 stainless screws to hold everything down. If you dont plan on putting the original center secton in then I would level off the center tabs so that the plates are even. I can't think of anything else I ran into during the install right now. I hope that this helps you out.