PDA

View Full Version : Same treads on other sites.

rak1
01-05-2010, 01:51 PM
It's kind of funny in a way that the same threads are on other sites in Bench Racing and other parts of other forums. I guess it's going to come down to which site people prefer as to if this wonderful site will survive or not. I understand how more people with knowledge are on other sites and that a post can be made on this site and nobody responds. As for me I'm going to try to stay on this site only and I hope others will follow. I also understand that since many members have paid dues on the other sites that the feeling is you need to use it, and that true. I guess I’m just wondering how others feel about this topic. Either way it turns out I just want to say "Thank you" to Grumpy for starting this great site and I hope others stay here too.

Andy69
01-05-2010, 01:55 PM
It a strange thing that's going on.

I've got my own experiences in the last week. I've got my opinions too.

There are a few people from other sites that aren't here and I hope they stay away. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and this site is going to be fun in it's own way.

That said, I'll buy Grumpy a beer someday, if for no other reason than he didn't ban Gary :)

grandsport
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
The last week of the year was interesting to say the least ,for me anyways. From what I've seen elsewhere there just seems to be unrest if that describes it. I've remarked to people many times in the last month how cranky and on edge people were. I think I found a new home here as did many other people. Just so grumpy don't get cranky,I'll be happy.

Herbie67SS454
01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I am going to try and check out all three sites. Shoot, I only cruise the net for chevelle related anyway.
I really like this site so far and will try to be a positive member.
Negativity and personal attacks will run me off from anywhere fast.
This is a very friendly site. Disagreements happen but I hope that people can be civil about it.
Life is too short.

1966_L78
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I am going to try and check out all three sites. Shoot, I only cruise the net for chevelle related anyway.
I really like this site so far and will try to be a positive member.
Negativity and personal attacks will run me off from anywhere fast.
This is a very friendly site. Disagreements happen but I hope that people can be civil about it.
Life is too short.

Honestly, whats the 3rd site???

The last few weeks I have been trying to wean myself of the Chevelles.com addiction (before I turned into a post-a-holic like Gary) Waving

Is that 3rd site where Gary had his problems?

I agree with the general unrest. I myself started a pretty cranky thread on Christmas, regarding membership renewal issues... Mostly because I just wanted to take a break from reality and talk Chevelles...

I kid myself now, that my Team Chevelle addiction has been kicked... But really, its just been replaced here. :)

1972convss454
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
2010 Is Definitely a New Beginning in the Chevelle World. It's gonna be hard to keep up with all 3 sites. I figure over time people will go where they feel the most love. I think it is enough to go around and all will survive.

piette
01-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Absolutely guys, nobody (at least nobody here) wants a competetion between sites, that does none of us or the hobby any good. As I can see, all 3 sites have already found there niche. And all 3 seem to be operating a bit diffrently based on that niche. Thats a great thing. Each site has something a little bit diffrent to offer and each plays a vital role in our hobby.

Its sort of like parts stores, some sell only restoration parts, some sell maintainance parts, and others sell only body supplies. In reality they are all supply shops, but they are all filling a specific void, and they all live in harmony

Jeff

Andy69
01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Honestly, whats the 3rd site???

The last few weeks I have been trying to wean myself of the Chevelles.com addiction (before I turned into a post-a-holic like Gary) Waving

Is that 3rd site where Gary had his problems?

I agree with the general unrest. I myself started a pretty cranky thread on Christmas, regarding membership renewal issues... Mostly because I just wanted to take a break from reality and talk Chevelles...

I kid myself now, that my Team Chevelle addiction has been kicked... But really, its just been replaced here. :)

I don't want to single out any one person or small group of people, and I won't. I also don't want to start bashing other sites, and I won't do that either. But here's what I see going on.

TC has changed from a small forum with a few highly dedicated members to a large and very popular site. The original members are pretty much guys who bought these cars new or as late model used, or guys who got into muscle cars in the 70s and 80s when they were cheap and plentiful, with a few exceptions. These guys pretty much just like to talk about cars on the site. Nothing wrong with that.

But as TC gets older and matures, the demographic is changing. Lots of younger guys are getting in, which is good. We want that. That's what keeps this going. We need that. But, the newer members like to talk about stuff other than cars, and mess around, goof on each other, and have a good time. I think the cadre of older members really really hates this. So much so that one of them started his own site and the rest followed. They have their own idea about how it should be run, which is fine for them.

A lot of the newer members I think also got tired of repeated efforts to jerk TC back to what it was before and no longer is, and when this site popped up they started to gravitate here. The people who run this site have their own idea about how it should be run and that, too, is fine.

TC of course will continue to be TC, which is great!

Astro Vent
01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I enjoy this site more so just because there's no personal attacks. I mean everything on TC has been personal attacks (at least against me/ something of that nature) for the last few weeks. Ever since that 70 LS6 vert thread I felt tension on that site. I still like it very much, it was my life for a while...but it's time for me to move on. I made many valuable friends from that site but...all good things must come to an end. I'll be checking it out way less from now on...

:) I just want to have fun, learn, and not argue.

grandsport
01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
You have only been here 4 hours Alek,give it time. All good things must come to an end,that sounds vaguely familiar.:p

Astro Vent
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
You have only been here 4 hours Alek,give it time. All good things must come to an end,that sounds vaguely familiar.:p

hahah oh man, I hear ya. :beer:

Andy69
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
lmao @ gary

There are several forums I belong to where personal attacks are strictly verbotten. It seems like a good policy and generally is, except one thing I've noticed is that in those places, there is a constant amount of tension. Personal attacks tend to relieve this tension. There are lots of personal attacks in (a certain nameless political forum that will remain nameless) and the tension goes away pretty quickly. In the forums with no personal attacks, there are people who can't stand each other, but have no way to relieve that tension in the forum.

That said, it could just as easily get out of hand.

I like it much better where everyone is laid back and relaxed :garyslittlewavinghandthingy:

Highway Star
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
you're NUTS andy!!! i'd start to believe you if you knew what in the ....

Just kidding.:D

flash
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I havent been to site #3 yet but plan to when I can .I still visit TC just not as much . I like it here much better as it seems friendlyer and laidback and Gary is here. I have always enjoted his posts as well as others. I spend some time on 67-72chevytruck just trying to learn more about my truck but this is my favorite site so far. I have little to offer anyone but willing to learn as much as I can about my favorite car .

chevguy65
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I like many sites including my own and visit all of them daily.
I learn so much more and make way more friends that way.

I have 7 sites in my fav's that range from all out drag racing to Chevelles, to S10's and combo show and go sites.

I think it's good to be involved in more than one site and the ones I choose to join anymore are closely scrutinized.
I do not, repeat do not want to join a site that treats it's members like shit and does what the site I was banned from did (does).
Not saying I didn't have a hand in it, but not for the reasons they gave me.

This is a great site and I see good things for the admin and all of it's members!!! :)

chevguy65
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
flash, if you move the close bracket on your sig it will work.
It should be [I] without your name in there. :)

grandsport
01-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I havent been to site #3 yet but plan to when I can .I still visit TC just not as much . I like it here much better as it seems friendlyer and laidback and Gary is here. I have always enjoted his posts as well as others. I spend some time on 67-72chevytruck just trying to learn more about my truck but this is my favorite site so far. I have little to offer anyone but willing to learn as much as I can about my favorite car .

Thanks John,that was nice.I think you know I have very little to offer,at least that's what I was told.

Garyb
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
All i have to say is any site that wants me to pay to look at ads can kiss my ass.:mad: I don't need em and i don't have cable tv either.

grumpy
01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Now, now. Come on lets all play nice. Have a brew on me.:beer:

Garyb
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Ok no more rants from me....:)

Andy69
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
is that a Guiness?

grandsport
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Ok no more rants from me....:)

Now,thats my kind of rant. One line.:D

Astro Vent
01-06-2010, 06:38 AM
:DNow,thats my kind of rant. One line.:D

Oh come on...I love huge rants with mulitiple paragraphs!

grandsport
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
What's up with that picture,Alek?:confused:

Chicken Coupe
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
There's a 3rd site? Boy am I in the dark. :confused:

1972convss454
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
What's up with that picture,Alek?:confused:

Looks like a pie in the face

Ark68SS
01-10-2010, 10:52 PM