PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles

flash
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
What do you collect besides dust and birthdays ? I will start a list of mine later .:)

RBeckman
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
What do you collect besides dust and birthdays ? I will start a list of mine later .:)

Summit Racing stickers

flash
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I thought you auctioned those off already ,need some more ?

Ms Grumpy
03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Summit Racing stickers

Need more ?????

Ms Grumpy
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
What do I collect ? hmmm. I actually collect Cookbooks, I have some from my grandma that cook with Lard. My favorites are the ones about BBQ'ing and Smoking meat. I own 2 smokers, one charcoal and one electric along with a gas grill.

I know it may be a woman thing, but when I smoke 30lbs of pulled Pork, it is the guys who scarf it down.

BowTieBuddy
03-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Curt Teich comic linen postcards from the 1930s and 1940s and Snap-On tools. I also collect automotive advertising related picnic coolers such as rubbermaid, igloo, playmate, gott, etc.

RBeckman
03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I thought you auctioned those off already ,need some more ?

Nobody was willing to pay me what I have in to them. If I can get all on what I have spend at summit for them I'll let them go. Interested?

Rharp
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I collect sports memorabilia. I have a ton of signed baseballs, a few signed
bats, couple jerseys, several signed framed pictures, and I have a signed helmet from every team
In the NFL.
My wife knows how much money I have tied.up in my Chevelle and she is totally ok with it, but she has no clue how much is in the sport stuff. If she did she would kick my a$$ . A hobby can turn into an obsession very quick.

SS Shaun
03-23-2012, 09:28 AM
car parts as of late..lol

i do have a thing for toy cars and models. every time i go to a store and i see toy cars i look to see if i can find something that i have not seen before or have and then buy it. the other thing i can say i am into is action figures again its the same thing if i see something that stands out to me or looks really cool i buy it. I have the whole street fighter collection. for action figures. i have the initial d toy car collection and pretty much a model or die cast of every car i have ever owned. and with my rx7 i have seem to collect trophies as of late :)

robo3
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
1970 chevelles have 3 in the garage now ! gets expensive

Ms Grumpy
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
1970 chevelles have 3 in the garage now ! gets expensive

I want your collection.

Ms Grumpy
03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a son who was born in 1987, and that year I lived next to someone who was into collecting baseball, basketball, hockey and football cards. I have a few complete sets of cards that I bought as an "investment" (lol) the year my son was born. I totally forgot about them. They sit in their original boxes in my buffet. Maybe I will be a millionaire one day. lol If I ever open them, or figure out what I have.

carpoor
03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Guns are my other hobby. Hand guns, semi auto & revolvers, and all kinds of rifles. It's an expensive hobby, but the return on the original investment is always better than any vehicle I have ever bought and resold.

And, of course we all collect debt from playing with our cars. ;)

flash
03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
I finally got back to this post to share some of what I collect .Zippo Lighters even though I dont smoke ,Coca Cola and Budweiser stuff even though I dont drink either one, automotive toys especially Nylint trucks ,Hot Wheels cause they are cheaper than real cars ,road signs to hang on my shop ,pedal cars and auto related clocks for my clock room and lately parts for my 72 Chevy truck.

flash
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I forgot something else I seem to collect ,ROCKS . Everytime I mow my yard I find new rocks and I have them piled everywhere ,I guess I could build myself a rock fort.

grandsport
03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Shetland Sheepdogs.

Ms Grumpy
03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I think this thread is great cause when it get's time for Secret Santa gifts we can refer back to this thread.

Ms Grumpy
03-29-2012, 08:51 AM
I will say that in my home we seem to also be collecting Audio Equipment, grumpy just can't seem to get rid of any of the 4 turntables, 5 sets of speakers, a few amps and hundreds of tubes that he has. He says he "might" need something off of them...someday.

The other thing that seems to be accumulating is Air Rifles. The kids and grumpy are into competitive shooting. I would think that they would just need one a piece, OH NO, there are quite a few for each. And that doesn't include the different scopes for the different guns.

flash
03-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Can you shoot squirrels with them air rifles ? If so I need to collect all of ya'lls guns and ya'll too to come down and rid me of them tree rats.

Ms Grumpy
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
It is illegal to shoot them here. But I am pretty sure that you can use them to hunt squirrels. You need to get yourself one flash.

flash
03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
My squirrels are too damn smart for me .I can be outside and they are chirping and playing everywhere ,I go get my trusty 410 shotgun and they disapear .I wonder sometimes if they can smell the gun powder and haul a$$ deep in the woods.