PDA

View Full Version : re-doing interior

rclare454
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I purchased a 71 SS last year, and not recieving any paper work detailing the cars restoration, I'm at a loss to know what is "orginal", and what was just put in the car to make it look orginal, and look good. I'm getting ready to replace the carpet, and while in the process, I'm looking at replacing the seat belts. The orginal color for the interior was blue, but has been changed over to black. The seat belts were (dyed black), but the blue color is showing thru, and I would like to replace them with orginal equipment belts. My question is, do the orginal belts have aluminum clasps with GM logo in the center (push button) or are they black plastic? While looking on e-bay, I have seen several that claim to be 68-72, but they look different then what I have, and now I'm confused as to what is right. Is there a certain belt that is right for a 71? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick

flash
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Post up a pic of what you have ,you may be able to have yours rewebbed in the correct color for less than new belts .Hinshaw Chevelle Parts and Restoration has the webbing or can get it and he can reweb them for you .And James is a wealth of knowledge on these old cars. He is located in Elon College ,North Carolina and will most likely be at Chevellabration if you are going to be there.

shadowgray396
02-13-2012, 10:30 PM
The aluminum buckel belts are called the deluxe seat belts and the black buckel belts are standard. Your build sheet would state which belts you car came with if you have one. Both would be correct, but seats belts also have a date tag on them if you are trying to be correct.

Ray