PDA

View Full Version : SS convertible question

skinfxr
01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I asked this question on another chevelle forum but no real answer so I'm hoping you guys can help. I bought a rotisserie restored 72 chevelle SS convertible with a build sheet that proved it was a SS. In researching the car I found that part of the SS package in 72 was remote sport driver mirror. This car has a remote chrome mirror like those seen on Malibus. The restorer says it was restored like it was found and said that some convertibles had the chrome mirror. Did some SS convertibles come this way from the factory? He showed me the original sales brochure and it shows a SS convertible with the chrome mirror. I have talked to the original owner (now 87 years old). He bought it off the showroom floor and doesn't remember what mirror it had. Also the build sheet has option for L/H remote mirror so is it possible this car was ordered with that mirror? I just want it the way it left the factory. It's a U code 402 with original motor. Thanks in advance--Russell

Ms Grumpy
01-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Maybe the links in this post might help with the info that you are looking for.

http://chevelleforum.org/showthread.php?t=2465

grandsport
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Russell,are you a Dermatologist or a Bodyman?;)

flash
01-22-2012, 09:15 AM
My 72 El Camino SS came with the chrome remote mirror which was rectangle shaped instead of the bullet type sport mirrors .

skinfxr
01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Grandsport--I'm just a plain ol dermatologist. Thanks for the input everyone. I just want the car correct. I was going to order the bullet mirror but I think i'll leave it like it is for now

shadowgray396
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
D33 Outside Mirror - Should be on your build sheet
Remote Control when SS Equipment ordered as this was part of the SS Equipment option package.