PDA

View Full Version : Fs 1968 ss

bbc402
01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
SOLD !! Thanks

http://newyork.craigslist.org:80/fct/cto/2791821990.html

Ms Grumpy
01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
So my question is. If CT does not reissue titles, how would someone get a titile, especially if they live out of state ?

fleming23
01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
So my question is. If CT does not reissue titles, how would someone get a titile, especially if they live out of state ?

Georgia is the same way, no reissued titles. If you move out of state and require one (or purchase a car from out of state that does not have one) it will depend on your state's requirements but generally they will run the VIN to determine registration and you have to jump through some hoops to get the car re-titled in the new state. I seem to remember some states requiring physical inspections of your vehicle, etc.

SS Shaun
01-10-2012, 09:20 AM
wow that sucks! in pa they want everything i have no idea how that would work in PA good luck on the sale!

BillsCamino
01-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Any brand new car sold before the 1973 model year in New York state wouldn't have a title. That state didn't begin issuing titles until '73.

And, any old vehicle being registered for the first time in GA where the buyer is producing only a Bill of Sale for the transaction will require a personal VIN verification by your local PD.

bbc402
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
As already mentioned by a few if someone in another state buys the car you need a bill of sale and they will run the vin number to make sure it's not stolen. Having a copy of the last or current registration is even better.

I sold another car out of state a few years ago to someone and that state re issued a title for that state after inspection.

CT is so easy to register these old cars sold in state since no more inspections, run the vin and pay the fee.. Out of state cars need the quicky inspection they do.

Ms Grumpy
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I guess I would be afraid, if I bought a car without a title, that there would be something wrong when I went to the DMV, or Secretary of State as they call it in Michigan.

bbc402
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I guess I would be afraid, if I bought a car without a title, that there would be something wrong when I went to the DMV, or Secretary of State as they call it in Michigan.

I do understand what your saying and most likey you have always lived in a state that always issues titles. I know of 6 states that don't issue titles after a certain year so not much we can do if we want to buy these old cars.

flash
01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
When we bought our 72 convertible out of state even with a title we had to have a state trooper run it through the system to mame sure it was not stolen just to get a tag for it .They did issue a new title for $15 or $20 dollars even though in Ga you dont need one.

bbc402
01-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Showed the car today and sold it on the spot for the asking price. Buyer is more than happy he couldn't even believe the deal he got !

flash
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Congrats on the sale ,wish I had that luck with my 55.

Ms Grumpy
01-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I hope you find a seller soon flash.

flash
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
How bout a buyer ? I knew what you meant though. It will sell one day and Im fortunate that I dont have to sell it and just want to sell it. And if it doesnt sell ,I'll just have to drive it ,what torture .