01-03-2010, 07:27 AM
June 10-12,

Could not find a web site for it yet. If you know of one please post it. Thanks

Dave

Bowtie-Bri
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey Dave,
I'm posting this from another site. The following is from Chuck Hanson:

Yep, it's official. We've had the meetings with the folks in G'ville and everything's a big go! In fact, was in Charlotte and Mooresville, NC last tweek, and had a meeting with the folks at Detroit Speed and Engineering... They're already on board for CB'10! I really think the autocross will be even bigger and better this year, and Kyle wants to try expand the program a bit , even.

Here's the bit about CB'10 in the latest issue of Chevelle World Magazine, which is already in the mail to ACES Members.

CHEVELL-ABRATION ’10 DATES SET!

If you’ve been making plans to attend the ACES all-Chevelle bash next June, listen up! The dates for the largest Chevelle show in the world have been finalized, and you can mark your calendars for June 10-12!!! Astute observers will note that the dates have been moved a week later in the month than usual.

“Each year we hear from ACES Members who are unable to attend because the event is usually held the first full weekend in June,” said ACES President Chuck Hanson while making the announcement. “And most of them tell us that moving it back a week would allow them to travel with family, since many of them have kids finishing up the school year at that time. So we’re making the adjustment, and hope this change will finally allow them to attend.”

While more information will be forthcoming, you will find full details and the CB’10 registration form in the Jan/Feb issue of CHEVELLE WORLD Magazine.

flash
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Will there be a banner representing this site at CB10? Maybe something like the homepage with the red Chevelle pictured .

1972convss454
01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
We need to start he "Million Chevelle March" to Goodletsville! Make CB10 the Best Ever.

Andy69
01-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I'll be there. We'll probably be taking the Buick again, unless I buy a Chevelle between now and June.

I've got the suspension goodies from the Chevelle on the Buick now (getting new and better stuff for the Chevelle when it goes back together), including front power disc upgrade (from power drums), poly bushings, aftermarket springs and decent shocks. That will make the autocross interesting, particularly if I take the lawn chairs and car seat out :)

grandsport
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm kicking around going this year. But off the top of my head I can think of about 5 guys who would like to take me behind the Holiday Inn and beat the crap out of me.:)

Herbie67SS454
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm kicking around going this year. But off the top of my head I can think of about 5 guys who would like to take me behind the Holiday Inn and beat the crap out of me.:)

I got your back!!! I am sure alot of others would also. Waving
Seriously, the wife and I are gonna try to make it this year. Be a great road trip in the 67. Windows down. Vent window cocked to provide A/C.
Stereo cranking, and listening to that 454 move down the highway.
Man, life is good.

Andy69
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah we've got your back, Gary.

You'd better come!

Highway Star
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I am hoping to make it up there this year.

grumpy
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
The family and I are going to try and make it down.

flash
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
My wife and I will be there (#6) for us . If you are planning to go you better get your rooms reserved soon as there is always other events taking up the motels.

Derek69SS
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Considering it... still not 100% sure, but we'd really like to go. Not sure how that'll go with a toddler and a newborn.

Andy69
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Considering it... still not 100% sure, but we'd really like to go. Not sure how that'll go with a toddler and a newborn.

piece a cake, I'm tellin ya

Notalent
01-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Is the info on the ACES page?

piette
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
This may be the year for my return trip to CB as well. Havent been there in 2 years now, and I know Andy's little girl really is longing for a ride in "Jeff's black car" again, although Brandi probably not so much :D ;) Amelia needs to get out of that Buick and into something cool again or she'll never grow up right.

This may be our first year to bring the girls down, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Hopefully we can see all you guys there.

jeff

piette
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Is the info on the ACES page?

Some of it is yes. Ask away and we will answer whatever you want. Many of us have been there multiple times.

jeff

Notalent
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I have yet to go, just looking for general information like location, date, events etc...I will be up and running and this is something I would LOVE to do.

Hank70SS
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM

It's only 4 guys Gary, I was just kidding. I've been talking about it for 3 or 4 years. If I'm still employed maybe this year. Of course if I'm not employed I'll have more time.

grandsport
01-12-2010, 06:51 PM
It's only 4 guys Gary, I was just kidding. I've been talking about it for 3 or 4 years. If I'm still employed maybe this year. Of course if I'm not employed I'll have more time.

Me too,but then again..........

Highway Star
01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I am trying to make arrangements to rent a cabin up there for the week, it is "owed" to me by a property management/realty company out of Smithville. I guess that is about an hour east of Nashville. I am still thinking about how in the world I'll get the Chevelle up there though. She has never even dreamed of running that far from home. It would be a family vacation, with the wife and boys, if we came.

Chevelle_Nut
01-12-2010, 10:29 PM
We are making it a vacation too Jake, my wife loves Country music. I am going to pull mine there but I would not hesitate driving it. My SUV can pull it over the mountains but what better excuse to look for an F250 diesel.

piette
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
If I can find a car trailer, I may just trailer mine down this year too. The Trailblazer has more than enough snort to pull it around. With the entirely new combo this year and the TKO600 I am much more confident driving it long distances, but last time we drove it down there it had so many little stupid problems it took the fun right out of CB for me. The only major problem we had was somewhere in Missouri on our way to Andy's house in Memphis we broke the flare fitting off of one of the rear brake lines. So we basically had no brakes from Missouri all the way to Memphis. Fortunateely Andy was generous enough to allow me use of his tools and hands and driveway and we fixed it up.

I also had some seriously leaky valve covers, which I replaced once we got to CB. My other big problem was the rubber fuel line that connects the tank to the hard line on the frame somehow wore a hole in it. So we were sucking lots of air and that was causing some problems.

I would never make that trip again with only 15 miles on a fresh body off rebuild. On the plus side, that trip found every little problem we were going to have with it.

Jeff

grumpy
01-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I am thinking if we make it were gonna trailer it down. I just don't want to find all the small problems with it on our way to having a blast.

Like you I don't have a trailer but ill rent one if I have to.

BillsCamino
01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I live less than 4 hrs from Goodletsville and I've always trailered at least one of my cars...just in case I break something at the Thursday night drags. :rolleyes:
This will be my 11th year attending CB.

BillsCamino
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
If I can find a car trailer, I may just trailer mine down this year too. The Trailblazer has more than enough snort to pull it around. With the entirely new combo this year and the TKO600 I am much more confident driving it long distances, but last time we drove it down there it had so many little stupid problems it took the fun right out of CB for me. The only major problem we had was somewhere in Missouri on our way to Andy's house in Memphis we broke the flare fitting off of one of the rear brake lines. So we basically had no brakes from Missouri all the way to Memphis. Fortunateely Andy was generous enough to allow me use of his tools and hands and driveway and we fixed it up.

I also had some seriously leaky valve covers, which I replaced once we got to CB. My other big problem was the rubber fuel line that connects the tank to the hard line on the frame somehow wore a hole in it. So we were sucking lots of air and that was causing some problems.

I would never make that trip again with only 15 miles on a fresh body off rebuild. On the plus side, that trip found every little problem we were going to have with it.

Just a reminder...you have to be a member of ACES in order to enter your Chevelle at CB '10. ;)
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275698

piette
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Just a reminder...you have to be a member of ACES in order to enter your Chevelle at CB '10. ;)
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275698

I'm not so sure I would even enter it. All that really gets me is a place to park in the hot sun. I can follow the cruise easily enough, I can pay to dragrace on thursday night just like everybody else, I wouldnt even think about autocrossing my car as it is in no way set up for that. There is no longer a BBQ, my car is no show queen so I dont have to worry about tropheys, not real sure why I would have to spend the money to enter vs just parking it in the lot and walking around.

Edit: Now that I go back and read that, thats right there is no cruise anymore either. Definitely no reason for me to enter.

Jeff

Derek69SS
01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Can't say I agree with you on this one Jeff... The fun of CB is the people, not the show. I know I didn't drive 12hrs each way for the BBQ dinner, a few runs down an 1/8mi track, and to spend 3 days in the hot sun.

The reason we go back is in the parking lots every night after the show is over. :cool:

piette
01-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Can't say I agree with you on this one Jeff... The fun of CB is the people, not the show. I know I didn't drive 12hrs each way for the BBQ dinner, a few runs down an 1/8mi track, and to spend 3 days in the hot sun.

The reason we go back is in the parking lots every night after the show is over. :cool:

Thats part of the reason why I am saying I have no need to be an ACES member to enter the show. Putting my car in the show really means absolutely nothing to me. I dont like putting my car on show fields, I dont care what others think of it, I built it purely for me.

Everything else that happens at CB I can do without being an ACES member and paying the way too high entry fee for nothing more than a place to park. I can still rent a motel room without an ACES membership, I can walk around and look at cars without an ACES membership, I can go to seminars if I choose without an ACES membership, I can go to the drags and pay to race just like everyone else without an ACES membership, I wouldnt even consider autocrossing my car, so what would i need to become an ACES member for again? I have no need to put my car on the show field, which is the only thing that gains me.

I just personally think an ACES membership is a waste of money for me personally. I've done it and dont see a need to do it anymore. The only thing paying the membership gets you is 6 thin magazines a year. Still have to pay ridiculously high entry fees to get into the shows, I'm not a by the numbers restoration type, so the resto tech in the magazines doesnt do me any good, and besides I can get all of that same tech info for free off the 3 chevelle sites now. I'm not knocking anyone that chooses to be a member, 6000 people or whatever it is certainly cant be wrong, I'm just saying it isnt for me, I've tried it and found I dont really gain anything for my money spent.

Jeff

BillsCamino
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
... I can walk around and look at cars without an ACES membership, I can go to seminars if I choose without an ACES membership...

But not without paying a daily admission to the show. Waving

piette
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
But not without paying a daily admission to the show. Waving

Exactly, I can pay my $15 to walk around the show for a day, see everything there is to see, and go see some of the sites around beautiful tennesee and still save myself a bunch of money. I dont see where its a losing proposition for me. If I were an absolute dedicated hardcore chevelle guy like many of you are, sure I can see wanting to be there all weekend. But I have been there twice now and truthfully I get really bored looking at nothing but chevelles. Honestly as far as a show goes, it doesnt really do much for me. One day is plenty for me. Now something like the Car Craft Summer Nationals up here in St Paul Minnesota, that I could spend a week going through, as there is so much variety and so many vendors its a feast for my eyes.

Jeff

grandsport
01-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Are you allowed beer? :)

BillsCamino
01-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Are you allowed beer? :)

In TN...Not if you're a Yankee. We're all afraid y'all start shootin' somthin'. Waving

grandsport
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
In TN...Not if you're a Yankee. We're all afraid y'all start shootin' somthin'. Waving

Not to worry,I don't own a gun.:)Waving

Ms Grumpy
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
So if the show is 3 days, is it $15.00 per day, per person? So if I take 6 people, I am looking at alot of money...

flash
05-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I think you can get a 3 day pass ,but dont know how much.

Ms Grumpy
05-20-2010, 07:49 PM
We had asked brother to transport car, he said yes, but we told him the wrong dates. Haven't heard from him yet since we sent the correct date.

Does anyone have the actual address to the website for the 2010 Chevellebration?

Ms Grumpy
05-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Looks like we are going to Chevellebration. My brother says that it works better for him. Now let the fun begin. Now we have to try to find a hotel with 3 rooms. Wish us luck..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

grumpy
05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Any folks from here going ? Would be great to meet y'all.

Ms Grumpy
05-21-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm going, oh yeah you already know that.

piette
05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Looks like we are going to Chevellebration. My brother says that it works better for him. Now let the fun begin. Now we have to try to find a hotel with 3 rooms. Wish us luck..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comfort Inn, or Comfort Suites its called usually has rooms, its a bit of a hike from the rest of the hotels, but its a pretty nice hotel and the kids wouldnt be subjected to quite as much noise or drinking at night if you prefer to keep them away from that.

Jeff

flash
05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Ms Grumpy ,is your car going to be ready for Chevellabration?

grumpy
05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
We are trying. So far it looks good.

flash
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Good to hear ,I would like a good close up look at it . It looks great in photos but I bet its even better in person.

Ms Grumpy
05-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I know it looks good to us. I guess the real test will be seeing what other people think. I wanted this car built to Drive it, to enjoy it, not necessarily to show it. I just hope that I don't disappoint people.

flash
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
If you drive it I wont be disappointed ,too many on stretchers and in boxes as it is. We drive ours a lot.

grumpy
05-27-2010, 03:49 PM
We love drivings ours too. Problem is we have 7 people coming down with us so the car will be trailered. No way around that. Maybe we can drive it to the Northern Ohio show.

flash
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Have you ever been to the Ohio show ? If not you will have fun ,they are great hosts .

grumpy
05-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Never been to it, that should change this year.

Dave

Ms Grumpy
05-28-2010, 06:21 PM
With the unexpected motor issues, we are looking at possibly not making it down to Chevell-abration. This would kill Grumpy and I, but we have to look at the cost of bringing 7 people down, 1 Van w/car hauler, 1 Van with our family.

Man...I really want to go...

BillsCamino
05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear this...:( Would love to meet y'all.

CB'10 will be my 11th time attending this party...wouldn't miss it for the world.
I've even got friends flying in from across the pond to make the journey. In fact, this will be Liam's third year. :cool: