PDA

View Full Version : Carb Issues

BBChevelle
10-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Well I have had this issue with my Carb for some time and just drove around it. But I got a bet going with a friend that im gonna be settling at the track nov 5. So if I go from idle to half throttle or more I get fire out the Carb. And it happens while driving from any speed to wot. But if I stall out a 2k then wot no pop and the car screams smokes and goes. It just seems like I have to roll into it till the elms get up there and then I can coven the secondaries.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

BBChevelle
10-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Here's a link to a quick run I did getting on the freeway. Was about 2200 rpm around 25mph eased the primaries open then went wot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l7aH6v8rVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

stantheman
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Just curious, what's your timing set at? Also what kind of carb?

BBChevelle
10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I believe its at 15 advanced and a Holley 750 double pump w/ mechanical secondaries

stantheman
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Have checked your float levels or even if the floats are working correctly. Some carbs have a sight glass while others, you must remove a screw on the side. Sounds almost like too much fuel dumping in when you press on the gas up to stall.

BBChevelle
10-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Yah I took the plugs out and put sights on it a while back. They are where their suppose to be

757driver
04-08-2012, 09:34 AM
I used to belong to a forum for another car, and the resident carb guru had a saying: "90 percent of carb problems are timing problems." I had what I thought was a fuel problem. I went as far as swapping carbs, but it turned out to be an ignition problem after all. Just a thought.....

Jerry

shadowgray396
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I used to belong to a forum for another car, and the resident carb guru had a saying: "90 percent of carb problems are timing problems." I had what I thought was a fuel problem. I went as far as swapping carbs, but it turned out to be an ignition problem after all. Just a thought.....

Jerry

X2 Timing at 15 sounds low with that car. don't know how your engine is built mine is set around 30