View Full Version : please help me!!!

david69
10-10-2011, 11:27 PM
still no luck cranking off the key switch.... i found a little switch bolted to the gas peddle bracket, it has 2 wires one is pink the other is orange the pink one is run in the fuse box to the ignition start the orange one is run out the fire wall just hanging there, the switch also has like a spring under it like it should hit against the peddle or something, could this maybe be the problem with the cranking from the key switch or some thing...im just grabbing at straws now, this has been a baffeling problem,, any ideas or thoughts?

. next thread will be 69 ss chevelle for sale uggg... lol

Hank70SS
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
That sounds like part of TCS circuit which is probably been disabled. Anyway it's not part of the ignition circuit. Do you have a meter or at least a test light. If not you're just shooting in the dark. You need one or the other to figure out whats going on. Start at the neutral safety switch and see if you have 12v while trying to start the engine. Then go one way or the other from there depending on whether you have 12v at the switch or not.

Like I said, you really need a meter. Then it's just a matter of stepping through the circuit seeing where you have 12v and where you don't.

shadowgray396
10-11-2011, 08:47 AM
TCS is 70 only I think, It could be your kick down for your Automatic transmission. Like Hank said a meter will help. Do you have 12v to your starter from the ignition switch?

The switch you are talking about should be this one.

Mike 1972SS
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Ray, TCS (Transmission Controlled Spark) was also used in 71 &72. That switch is the kickdown for a TH400.

David, maybe you just have a bad ignition switch.

Mike

flash
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Wish I could be of help but I make a real mess of wiring.

Ms Grumpy
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm with flash on this one.

david69
10-12-2011, 08:03 PM
TCS is 70 only I think, It could be your kick down for your Automatic transmission. Like Hank said a meter will help. Do you have 12v to your starter from the ignition switch?

The switch you are talking about should be this one.

that is the switch on my peddel.... thanks man.. it now has a 396 in it... i still dont have a clue what my cranking problem is tho.. any ideas to send my way? i have tried every thing im tring to avoid putting a togo switch in it... thanks for your help as well as every one else's help

david