PDA

View Full Version : crazy things happening here

steedascooby
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
hey guys, just curious if anyone has had or heard of an issue like this. my 71 chevelle will fire right up and drive fine but when i go to turn it off it will stay running. also when i push the brake pedal the fron turn signals light up like brake lights that is all i have noticed it does. i know it is a crossed wire or something along those lines but i wondered if it could be something in my steering column. any help or advice will be appreciated

Ms Grumpy
09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you have a possessed car.......is her name "Christine" ?

Rank
09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
hey guys, just curious if anyone has had or heard of an issue like this. my 71 chevelle will fire right up and drive fine but when i go to turn it off it will stay running. also when i push the brake pedal the fron turn signals light up like brake lights that is all i have noticed it does. i know it is a crossed wire or something along those lines but i wondered if it could be something in my steering column. any help or advice will be appreciated

Is this a setup? GrandSport is that you?, coming back with a second ID just to mess with us all? The FIRST post no less .... that gives it away, no intro.!!!
Pretty funnie about the turn signals .... yeah right.... haha!

grandsport
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this a setup? GrandSport is that you?, coming back with a second ID just to mess with us all? The FIRST post no less .... that gives it away, no intro.!!!
Pretty funnie about the turn signals .... yeah right.... haha!

I ain't smart enough to do that.:)

Ms Grumpy
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm telling you the car is possessed.

steedascooby
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
guys i am for real lol i cannot figure out why those turn signals light up but the do and it just started all of the sudden. i prob dont need to work on cars because i did a break job on it and put her back on the ground and sure enough. car wont shut off and you press the brake and all for corners light up. who new working on mechanical parts played games on the electronic parts. i have been looking around for some grounding issues but none found yet.

Rank
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Turn signals .... thats too darn much!!! GS you are such a kidder!!! You made my day LOL

...... turn signals!!! LOL

steedascooby
09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
ok guys i figured out my problems, the engine will not shut off because the alternator regulator is faulty. puts out just enough power to keep the msd firing. as for the front turn signals light when brake pedal is pushed, my flasher to the hazards is bad i found out because they have not been blinking since i accidentally pushed the hazard button in when i changed ignition switch. so when pedal is pressed it triggers the front signals on without any flashing, i dont know why but it is what it is. i actually found this answer on a jeep forum, seems to be a pretty come thing. maybe a factory flasher test.

Rank
09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!! lol