PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT Sweep Dash Circuit Board

71-SS350
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Working on my '71 Chevelle no dash lights issue I found the culprit. Broken thead or link on the printed circuit board. Not sure if my soldering skills are up to the task or if it is even feasible for a repair. Any one have a spare circuit board for a sweep dash, think '70 thru '72 will work but not sure on that. Since just really getting started on the Chevelle don't have much in the way of extra or spare tradin' material but always like hoss tradin' if possible.

71-SS350
09-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Finally found a printed circuit board for my '71 and it fixed my problem of no panel lights. Took a little bit of looking for a decent 40 year old part such as that but that little problem is put to rest. Now, on to the next situation, need to replace rear control arm bushings.

Ms Grumpy
09-24-2011, 08:10 PM
It is never ending isn't it 71. Fix one problem and move onto the next.

71-SS350
09-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Yeah, seems it is always something. Having never replaced rear control arm bushings before not sure what that will involve. Been able to fix several smaller problems to the car to make it more reliable within last couple weeks. Unfortunatly will have to use it for daily transportation for most likely a month or more. Don't want to but it is what it is. Will be nice to drive it some but really don't like to daily drive, needs weather stripping on windows and doors, heater/defrost system is minimal at best, no radio and is a bit more gas thirsty than my current daily driver, '88 Chev. Caprice. Letting my youngest son use it while his car ('86 Monte Carlo LS) goes in the shop for some repair. He lives out of town about 175 miles from us and this seems the best answer for the problem. Could be worse with not having something to help him with. Again, it is what it is.