PDA

View Full Version : And the tranny...she is a shifting !

Ms Grumpy
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
YEAH !!!! We got the transmission to shift out of 1st gear today. The strange thing is, it was a simple but difficult fix. Now I know that doesn't make any sense, but we are not exactly sure what really fixed the problem.

Our tranny guy told us that he suspected that it was a metalic shaving that came loose and was stuck and we just needed to shake it loose. So when Joe dropped the car off last night we tried the first suggestion. It didn't work and it was late so we decided we would try again today.

Today I pulled the car out to wash and wax it and to try the next thing to see if we could fix it. So David proceeded to unhook and "snap" the TV cable. We were told to "snap" the cable 15-20 times, hook it back up and then drive it to see if it would shift, and to continue to do this until it shifted. We did that about 5 times and it was not working. By this time it was about 6pm and I had some hungry kids so we put the car away and made another call to our guy.

Right after dinner David talked to the tranny guy and got the next suggestion which was to unhook the TV cable and drive the car like a "granny". He said this should fix it for sure. David was on the phone and my phone rang, it was my brother he was at the back door. Yeah !!! We had the guy who installed it. We went out to the garage and pulled the car out. As we were talking, I told him that he needed to get in and see if he could get it to shift. He got it to shift through all the gears sitting in the driveway. WHAT ??? I was happy, mad, excited and wondering what the heck. We decided to unhook the TV cable and see if the car would shift. IT DID !!!!! We went back to the house and put the cable back on and took it for another ride. It is shifting fine.

So we said out good-byes and I hopped into the car with grumpy and off to Woodward we went. Bumper to bumper cars on the road, people and cars on the side of the road. And my car running great. I don't know what exactly fixed the problem and I don't really care.....

grumpy
08-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Yippie !!!!

flash
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the fix whatever it may have been.

Ms Grumpy
08-16-2011, 11:01 PM
thanks flash. I am just so relieved. Especially with this being the "big week" around here. It was so crazy out there tonight. We only went 2 miles, but it was bumper to bumper, 4 lanes wide in each direction. There were some beautiful cars out there.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I got a call this morning from a local radio station that I won a contest. I think I won a parking spot in downtown Birmingham for the WWDC, I really don't know I wasn't able to contact the woman today. I will let ya know when I talk to her tomorrow.

smokenjoep01
08-17-2011, 06:36 AM
COOL. Congratulations

JpMotorsports
08-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Ms Grumpy we will be out tonight. Been out the last 2 nights and its been some crazy fun times

Ms Grumpy
08-17-2011, 05:02 PM
You gotta call me JP. It is too crazy on Woodward to find someone. If you are at a particular spot we can drive on Woodward and you can come up to the car to get the card. Let me know, or call me.

JpMotorsports
08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
You gotta call me JP. It is too crazy on Woodward to find someone. If you are at a particular spot we can drive on Woodward and you can come up to the car to get the card. Let me know, or call me.

I forgot my cell phone last night. We will be up at 15 mile tonight at the Flagstar. I will call yah when we get out there

Ms Grumpy
08-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Cool.

Friday night the cars start lining up in the Cemetery at 5pm. The parade starts at 6:30pm. My suggestion is to get there as close to 5 as you can.

Saturday I will be in Downtown Birmingham at the WCSX Party. I won a spot in their lot which is right behind 555 S. Woodward. It is actually between Old Woodward and South bound Woodward. I think this is pretty cool, but this is the first time that I will actually have to leave the car parked all day. But maybe that is a good thing, since I have never been in downtown Birmingham in the craziness.

RBeckman
08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Cool.

Friday night the cars start lining up in the Cemetery at 5pm. The parade starts at 6:30pm. My suggestion is to get there as close to 5 as you can.

Saturday I will be in Downtown Birmingham at the WCSX Party. I won a spot in their lot which is right behind 555 S. Woodward. It is actually between Old Woodward and South bound Woodward. I think this is pretty cool, but this is the first time that I will actually have to leave the car parked all day. But maybe that is a good thing, since I have never been in downtown Birmingham in the craziness.

For 3 years I had a parking spot in Downtown Birmingham that cost me $15, then they changed it to first come first and charged $50, that was 4 years ago and have not been to Woodward since as it was becoming too expensive and congested. You'll like it Downtown though, they have a lot of stuff to do and in the middle of everything.

Ms Grumpy
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I am probably going to go with a couple of my kids. It will be interesting.

JpMotorsports
08-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Thank you Ms Grumpy!!!!! It was nice meeting you Thursday night. My fience said I walked paased you today at the staging for the the parade tonight. I am so sorry I missed you I was def having car over load. I did see you Chevelle out there. Thanks for the tip about getting there at 5 we had a great spot and an even better time in the parade. We look forward to running into you tomorrow in Birmingham if you are around. You know where we will be! I owe you big time! My phone pooped out on me during the parade so I couldnt cal you afterwards.

Ms Grumpy
08-19-2011, 08:46 PM
It was my pleasure JP. I am glad that I was able to give that pass to someone who could use it. And I will say that the Berkley Cruisefest shirt wasn't too bad with that Rat Fink logo on the front. Probably one of the better ones in recent years. We had a little hiccup in the cemetery, but the parade was really a lot of fun. The hardest part was getting back to my house with the way they had traffic routed.

After the parade I took my sister out to Woodward, it was the first time in my car. She has gone to the Gratiot cruises and she was amazed at the amount of people out there tonight. She had a blast. I also saw Chuck, the president of the Michigan Chevelle Club sitting out there tonight at 13 1/2 and Woodward.

I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

grandsport
08-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Nancy,glad your car is over her illness.Waving

Ms Grumpy
08-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey Gary, I have been missing you around here lately. You can't just disappear on me, especially in my time of need with the car. She is doing better, even though we had a minor hiccup today. Everytime I thought about calling you it was either too early or too late to call. This is going to be an amazing busy weekend and we will talk after it is over. By the way, we missed ya at the NOCC show.

grandsport
08-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey Gary, I have been missing you around here lately. You can't just disappear on me, especially in my time of need with the car. She is doing better, even though we had a minor hiccup today. Everytime I thought about calling you it was either too early or too late to call. This is going to be an amazing busy weekend and we will talk after it is over. By the way, we missed ya at the NOCC show.

I missed you guys too.:( I know I havn't been around much,my job is like ,wow.I never had a 14 hour day go so fast,and there is no time to log on to the internet at the store.

grandsport
08-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Ps.I hope I'm not in danger of losing my position here.

flash
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Not a chance I dont think.