PDA

View Full Version : Aug 6th and 7th Mt. Clemens Cruise and Clinton Twp Gratiot Cruise

JpMotorsports
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Next weekend officially kicks off the big cruises and shows leading up to the Woodward Dream Cruise. 1st on Saturday Mt. Clemens is having their August open cruise/show in downtown from 2pm till 10pm more info can be found here http://www.mountclemenscruise.com/

Then on Sunday the Clinton Twp will host their Gratiot cruise from 16 mile down to 14 mile. The cruise runs from Noon to 6pm more info can be found here http://ctgratiotcruise.com/

I plan on doing both shows/cruises depending on the weather. Anyone else in Southeast MI plan on doing these shows/cruises?

flash
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Sometimes I hate that I dont live up there so I could make the Dream Cruise as well as others but I will get there one day. Post us up some pics if you will.

JpMotorsports
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
It is pretty cool up here especially in August. The whole week prior to the dream cruise Woodward ave gets busier and busier each night. My parents just moved down to Georgia and they say they havent seen a cruise night half the size of the ones up here.

flash
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
What part of Georgia did they move to ? Im in the North Ga area and we have some decent cruises even though I have not attended many this year . There is a good one in Canton,another good one in Dawsonville ,Dalton ,Cartersville ,and Marietta but nothing like the Dream Cruise. The closest thing I know to the Dream Cruise is Cruisin The Coast in Mississippi during October and it is huge.

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Jp..I plan to do both, but my grand daughters birthday is on Sunday (i think). I cannot miss her birthday this year cause last year I was in Strongsville, Ohio at the NOCC show. Plus at the end of August she will be moving to New York.

That being said, I still plan on being out there since I missed the South Gratiot Cruise.

Do you have a particular spot that you park for either one ? We will have to exchange cell phone numbers so that we can meet up.

JpMotorsports
07-29-2011, 10:50 AM
What part of Georgia did they move to ? Im in the North Ga area and we have some decent cruises even though I have not attended many this year . There is a good one in Canton,another good one in Dawsonville ,Dalton ,Cartersville ,and Marietta but nothing like the Dream Cruise. The closest thing I know to the Dream Cruise is Cruisin The Coast in Mississippi during October and it is huge.

They just moved to Woodstock GA.

JpMotorsports
07-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Jp..I plan to do both, but my grand daughters birthday is on Sunday (i think). I cannot miss her birthday this year cause last year I was in Strongsville, Ohio at the NOCC show. Plus at the end of August she will be moving to New York.

That being said, I still plan on being out there since I missed the South Gratiot Cruise.

Do you have a particular spot that you park for either one ? We will have to exchange cell phone numbers so that we can meet up.

For Mt. Clemens I usually try and park near Gus's Coney Island on the west side of the street so when the sun goes down it wont be in our faces blinding us. For Gratiot we park around 15 mile. you def cant miss my white 69 chevelle ( cause it will most likely be the ONLY white 69)

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Are you an "early bird" or "long haul" when it comes to cruisin' ? The early bird is there really early and leaves early. The long haul will get there early and stay for the long haul of the day.

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 11:01 AM
flash if I remember correctly there was a Secret Santa gift that really tried to temp you and the misses into coming up to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

flash
07-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Ms Grumpy ,it worked as we added it to our bucket list just cant do it this year .

JPMOTORSPORTS
Woodstock is about 20 minutes south of me ,we go down there all the time. The biggest cruise in near them is the one near me at Canton at the Publix shopping center. If they ever need anything I can help with let me know.

Ms Grumpy
07-29-2011, 11:40 AM
One day you will, and you will be happy you did. For now, we will keep looking forward to that day.

JpMotorsports
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Are you an "early bird" or "long haul" when it comes to cruisin' ? The early bird is there really early and leaves early. The long haul will get there early and stay for the long haul of the day.

Long hauler for sure! Its hard for me to sleep the night before a car show. If we have friends come to a show and visit we might leave with them and get lunch or dinner but to me one of the best things about a car show is when its over and you hear all those cars come to life. Every year on Dream Cruise Day I am out there at 5am (now my feince joins me) to get our spot and meet with with my uncle and his 75 Trans Am. So we are up by 4 and down there at 5am. its fun watching Woodward come to life that day. Last year we were out there from 5am till 11pm sat through the rain and everything.

Ms Grumpy
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Where do you park on Woodward ?

flash
08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Ya'll suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

JpMotorsports
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Where do you park on Woodward ?

I usually park just north of 15 mile and Woodward at one of my companies buildings.

Are you going to the Dawg House for the last pre Gratiot cruise cruise night or any other cruise nights around town tonight?

Ms Grumpy
08-05-2011, 09:59 PM
JP usually the 2 weeks before and the weekend before the cruise is when we are really out there a lot. But we will be in Ohio this Thurs, Fri, Sat and home on Sunday for the NOCC, ACES Regional Show. We live close to Woodward and just hop into the car and are there in 5 min. We don't really have a particular spot to go. We look for friends and pull over. Like many cruisers, we always have chairs in the trunk, so any place you can park, is a good place. As long as the Police let you.

It is a bummer that Beaumont Hospital won't let the cruisers in that lot on the corner of 13 and Woodward. Well, that is until they can get the big bucks from the companies they rent the lot to the weekend of the WWDC.

As far as where we will be, we usually pull out the Cruisin'News and find something that sounds good. There are so many cruises every night, that sometimes it is so hard to decide.

If there is a particular place you cruise let me know, and maybe we can meet up there.

Ms Grumpy
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
So JP were you out there today ? By the time I had finished with the funeral in the early afternoon, and then my grand daughters birthday, it started raining. And it was raining pretty hard in Royal Oak. So we decided to hang out at the party til 7pm and then see what the weather was going to do. It was still raining.

After spending 3 1/2 hours cleaning the car yesterday, I was not prepared to go out in the rain this evening. I also figured that probably most of the people had gone home with the rain. I know that there was no one out on Woodward when we past there around 7:30pm on our way home.

Hopefully Sunday we will meet up. I am hoping that the weather is a lot better.

Ms Grumpy
08-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Going to head out to the North Gratiot Cruise in a few minutes. I have to remember the camera. I am going to make a detour and drive by the big Troy Traffic Jam show first. Hope to see some friends out there today.

JpMotorsports
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I was out for a little bit on Saturday but left before it started to rain (about 3pm) It was a decent turn out but the dark sky's scared alot of people away. Sunday was a blast though on gratiot. We found a empty lot just south of 15 so me and my friends and family had a nice spot for the day to show off our cars. Now we are working out our plans for woodward. We know we will be there by 5 am.

Ms Grumpy
08-08-2011, 10:18 AM
We looked for you on Gratiot. We were out there right around noon. We drove south from 16 mile to almost 14 mile then turned around and went north on Gratiot and finally parked right at 16 mile and sat til about 3pm. Then we drove south on Gratiot and got onto I-94 for the long, hot drive home. I am sorry that I missed you. We just seem to keep missing each other at these cruises.

Let me know what your plans are for Woodward. I have to check, but I am going to talk to our friend Andy who owns Andy's Pizza on 12 and Woodward. We usually park there every year. It is an easy in/easy out and they give you a pass to get into the parking lot. So let me know.

I also do the Berkley parade every year, it is the Friday night before the WWDC. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but the cars registered for the parade line up in the cemetery at 12 and Woodward about 5pm and then the parade starts at like 6:30 and the cars drive west on 12 mile from Woodward to Greenfield. The street is just packed with people and it is so cool. After the parade you can park for the car show...or just leave. I had registered grumpy's Jeep, but we sold the Jeep, so I have an extra "registered" card if you are interested. Just thought I would offer. Let me know.

JpMotorsports
08-09-2011, 07:09 AM
We looked for you on Gratiot. We were out there right around noon. We drove south from 16 mile to almost 14 mile then turned around and went north on Gratiot and finally parked right at 16 mile and sat til about 3pm. Then we drove south on Gratiot and got onto I-94 for the long, hot drive home. I am sorry that I missed you. We just seem to keep missing each other at these cruises.

Let me know what your plans are for Woodward. I have to check, but I am going to talk to our friend Andy who owns Andy's Pizza on 12 and Woodward. We usually park there every year. It is an easy in/easy out and they give you a pass to get into the parking lot. So let me know.

I also do the Berkley parade every year, it is the Friday night before the WWDC. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but the cars registered for the parade line up in the cemetery at 12 and Woodward about 5pm and then the parade starts at like 6:30 and the cars drive west on 12 mile from Woodward to Greenfield. The street is just packed with people and it is so cool. After the parade you can park for the car show...or just leave. I had registered grumpy's Jeep, but we sold the Jeep, so I have an extra "registered" card if you are interested. Just thought I would offer. Let me know.

We were parked over at Cap World on 15 and Gratiot. For Woodward I park with my family at the Flagstar Bank Branch that is just north of 15 mile. We have been parking together for the last 5 years together. I signed up for the Berkley parade last year but due to the day being so hectic we were unable to do it. I talked to my feince last night and she said she would like to do the parade this year. Let me know what we need to do to get the registration changed over. Thanks again we really appreciate it and cant wait for Woodward week to start!