PDA

View Full Version : Im Getting Too Old For Some Things

flash
07-24-2011, 11:54 AM
We drove into Atlanta yesterday for a concert ,got there early to get a good close parking spot to keep from walking so far in the heat. We went to see Huey Lewis and the News with Little Feet as the opening band. Had never seen either band before so it was a great show but sitting on hard seats for a few hours has made me and joan realize that it would be much easier and less expensive to just buy their CD .My old bones ache after sitting that long and watching a concert in an open air venue in the heat of July .Not to mention we were probably the only sober people there besides the employees.:confused:

FlintTony
07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
I hear you. Reminds me of a few years back when I decided to go camping. It was a lot easier to sleep on the ground when I was young. I still don't know what I was thinking. Sleeping on the ground is flat out miserable!

flash
07-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I hear you on the camping thing ,used to go a lot .My back wont let me sleep on the ground anymore and camping is a lot like work with the setting up of camp and clean up afterward .

Ms Grumpy
07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
We were invited to go camping with grumpy's brother next weekend. I don't do camping, and grumpy knows it. So his brother told us to just bring the kids and leave them there for a few days. Works for me ! Other than it is a 3 hour drive there and a 3 hour drive home. 6 hours driving to get rid of 3 kids for a few days, is it worth it ? Definitely ! But now we have to get them some of the camping gear.

Seeb
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
some friends went to see Further in concert last Thursday.... I was in bed before they even came on stage, I believe my concert days are long gone....unless it's a Friday or Saturday and I don't eat too much during the day.;)

FlintTony
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Sounds about like me Seeb. I am dragging-ass by 10 PM anymore. Used to be just getting started at 10. Drinking whiskey and runnin wild! I get up before 5 every morning. I like to catch a 10-15 min nap around 1. No nap means a half hour early to bed!

Hank70SS
07-26-2011, 06:56 AM
We don't camp any more either, that's why we bought the motorhome. Pull into a site, shut off the engine, grab a cold beer from the frig and relax. It's a little more work than that, water, electric and sewer hookups but you can do that when and if you feel like it.

Concert, last one was Neil Diamond, Lynda is a big fan. He does put on a good show. I would like to see Huey Lewis, he kind of disappeared for quite a few years it seems.

flash
07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Huey Lewis put on a great show ,was really disappointed in Little Feat though. Over all we enjoyed the show but my old bones aint made for sitting that long in a small folding chair with no wiggle room .Huey puts a lot of energy into his show and he seems to love what he does. But I dont forsee us going to a concert again .

flash
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Well we were talked into going to Atlanta for a Christmas Play at the Alliance Theater and it was really fun going with the boys and their foster parents and this time the seating was very comfy .